2nd alternator

FitmentJunkie

This is a job I'd like to get sorted quite high on my priority list, mainly because it was such a nightmare getting it working properly in my last car (wiring issues more than anything) I'd just like to get my power supply in and sorted while it's fresh in my mind from removing it.

So has anyone run a secondary alternator on a de?

I have a 210 amp alternator to fit, I prefer to keep the audio power circuit completely separate to the cars start stop power supply, that way there is never a problem with the car not starting etc.

The only crossover between the circuits is an ignition feed to the switch to the external regulator so it doesn't remain on when the ignition is off.

On the last car, I removed the aircon pump and installed it there.

In the legnum I had 5 amps pushing 4000rms which pull off 2 2000amp batteries (xs power), but I may up that for this build.

My amps are all Rockford power series, as were my subs but I blew a voice coil at trax so may swap over and match with my mids which are all hertz, but the hertz subs run at 2.5k rms each whereas my rockfords were only 1.2k

But there's no point building an install without sorting your power and earth first

In the legnum I had 5 amps pushing 4000rms which pull off 2 2000amp batteries (xs power), but I may up that for this build.

My amps are all Rockford power series, as were my subs but I blew a voice coil at trax so may swap over and match with my mids which are all hertz, but the hertz subs run at 2.5k rms each whereas my rockfords were only 1.2k

But there's no point building an install without sorting your power and earth first

I see where you're coming from.... 2nd alternator is required. I would guess you'd need some custom brackets and maybe drive a Mechman. Good choice on the XS :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...