Blue spots...

Digsy

...no not in front of my eyes but on my Rays!

There's small bright blue blob of paint on each wheel, just at the top of one of the spokes. They were undoubtedly there when I picked it up as its barely been driven since. Does this signify something? Weird! :wacko:

I've got those on my 06 ZED - :unsure: I wonder if they are there to confirm the wheels have not been re-furbished in the same way you get paint on bolts carried over onto adjacent metal to presumably show they have not been tampered with - just a thought?

Mine has then too. They are there to assist with wheel balancing. Apparently all new tyres have a mark on the sidwall that indicates the heaviest point. You then align this mark with the blue spot on the wheel rim which also indicates the heaviest point of the wheel, and the required amount of weight needed to balance wheel and tyre is greatly reduced.

Mine has then too. They are there to assist with wheel balancing. Apparently all new tyres have a mark on the sidwall that indicates the heaviest point. You then align this mark with the blue spot on the wheel rim which also indicates the heaviest point of the wheel, and the required amount of weight needed to balance wheel and tyre is greatly reduced.

Interesting.

My GT4's have the spots as well. Don't remember them on my previous Z.

Interesting.

Definitely no spots on my previous Zed. Have to say its a fairly unsightly and amateur looking solution to the problem. :dry:

Interesting.

Definitely no spots on my previous Zed. Have to say its a fairly unsightly and amateur looking solution to the problem. :dry:

+1 on that. I never actually got to take any pics of my old Z other then one on the day I got it. Never got round to it after that.

............. its that Bird Flu! ;)

My MR2 had red spots and I am certain my Rex had yellow spots - multicoloured spots of the wheel world unite! Halleuia brothers! :lol:

Can you tell how sad I am remembering or even spotting this - they polished out easily enough, hang on my old Xtrail had blue spots thinking about it and they would'nt come out - a mid blue colour? :headhurt:

............. its that Bird Flu! ;)

My MR2 had red spots and I am certain my Rex had yellow spots - multicoloured spots of the wheel world unite! Halleuia brothers! :lol:

Can you tell how sad I am remembering or even spotting this - they polished out easily enough, hang on my old Xtrail had blue spots thinking about it and they would'nt come out - a mid blue colour? :headhurt:

That's the colour! :dry:

Broady didn't post much from then on, did he?

Yes makes you wonder what happened to some guy's ?

Remember Bud ? he posted at a greater rate than sarnie then disappeared and Sergeant Wilson never heard from him

I remember Bud!!!!!!!!!!! Barked on about living NI and getting a job in Glasgow and getting a zed. He even started group buy threads. I guess he didn't get the job :lol::lol: