I bought a Pulsar GTiR

Rock_Steady

I was going to say, have you spotted any rot that was cleverly hidden upon inspection at sale?!

No, i hadn't In general, as most of my attention was seeking out chassis damage and the like. It has been re-sprayed so again, it wasn't on my radar. But, i'm sure you know when you clean a car you suddenly spot things you hadn't noticed before. It's just a very slight bubbling of paint and i'd expect it to have happened there. None the less it's getting cut out and sorted.

I have started to source parts for the pulsar. i have decided to start with the interior trim, which to no surprise, is difficult but i'm getting there.

things i need are:

All interior plastics

a better dash

Centre console

Roof interior trim

Seats

carpet

sound deadening.

May have found a dash and a glove box.

I knew this was going to be like looking for the holy bloody grail but hey ho. All part and package of the fun. :dry:

About time!

Nice clean looking beast :thumbs:

I might get laughed at for this but are those harnesses meant to be at that angle? I always thought they were supposed to go straight back to bar?

i haven't a scooby doo.!! They work though.

i'll try getting some of the other pics up

How do you know if they work, have you crashed already ;)

Check out harness mounting specs buddy, they really wont operate correctly at that angle should the worse happen, god forbid.

Not seen one of these for ages though, a welcome reminder :)

• Like 1

The harnesses do look a bit odd, if you had an accident god forbid and you went forwards the retention on each belt would be of a different level of force I would have thought? A quick google on install guidelines mentions lots about proper installs insuring the belts are straight front to back?

• Like 1

About time!

Nice clean looking beast :thumbs:

I might get laughed at for this but are those harnesses meant to be at that angle? I always thought they were supposed to go straight back to bar?

i haven't a scooby doo.!! They work though.

i'll try getting some of the other pics up

How do you know if they work, have you crashed already ;)

Check out harness mounting specs buddy, they really wont operate correctly at that angle should the worse happen, god forbid.

Not seen one of these for ages though, a welcome reminder :)

Thanks for this as i have no idea about harnesses and how they should be set up.

Having said that, they won't be in there for long. I'm Going to flog them as they are in really good nick and i think the passenger seat hasn't been sat in at all!.

• 1 month later...

How's it going?

Not bad. Got most of the plastics. Got my eye on a set of red Recaro seats from a type R that i might buy. Got the coilovers already, track rod ends and drop links.

I'm Just deliberating over what wheels to get once i figure out what offsets the pulsar can take and blah blah blah.

I'm also thinking of getting a bespoke carpet made for it.

• Like 1