Shameless plug for Lakes Tourism

martinmac

Just to explain, I drive and Liz does the camera thing. She thinks the car is ok :wacko: so its a trade off. I get to drive, she navigates and takes photos.

Did you get the Jacket AK.

The camera is a Panasonic DMC-FZ7. She loves to take photos but its all self taught so could do with Sats on a shoot sometime

WOWSERS!!! Fab pics Martin!!

Just think in a few weeks time you will have all those lovely caravans to look forward to ..... joy :D

Well if I am gonna get that Twilight Grey jobbie I better remember to avoid Outgate, Hawkshead where I bottomed my MR2 a few years ago - fab location though......

Just think in a few weeks time you will have all those lovely caravans to look forward to ..... joy :D

Well if I am gonna get that Twilight Grey jobbie I better remember to avoid Outgate, Hawkshead where I bottomed my MR2 a few years ago - fab location though......

Twilight grey???????????????? :bangin:

Mmmmmm. :thumbs:

:yawn:

:nono: Sorry but I'm with Sarnie here too. Whats the point of getting a nice car like a Zed and then making it blend in with the tarmac?

Does anyone remember those twix adverts with "Norm" in them... :doh:

Sorry but I'm with Sarnie here too. Whats the point of getting a nice car like a Zed and then making it blend in with the tarmac

From my point of view its Black , Night Blue then Twilight grey in that order ... unfortunately its beggars cant be choosers kinda thing.. down to the best car for the cash, but I have always had Black cars (even though they are dogs to keep clean!) ;)

Its Silver that I avoid most over subscribed colour since 2000! :yawn:

Fortunately the shape of the Zed lends itself well to really any colour although I dont like the fekin door handles spoils the flow of the body line - personal preference at the end of the day! :wacko:

:nono: Sorry but I'm with Sarnie here too. Whats the point of getting a nice car like a Zed and then making it blend in with the tarmac?

Does anyone remember those twix adverts with "Norm" in them... :doh:

How can a Zed blend in with the tarmac??? Would no one notice a silver Gallardo? :wacko:

If a car is stunning it doesn't need a loud colour to stand out - they paint Seat's yellow for a reason! Lighter metallics like silvers make the lines of a car stand out better - that's why thousands of concept cars over the years have been that colour.

I thought very carefully about the colour of my original blade. I didn't want orange as its not to my taste and would affect resale. I didn't fancy red as I wanted a metallic. I liked the blue and black but I'd read here and elsewhere how badly the front of the Zed chips and didn't want little white spots on the front of my car - having seen some daily driver Zeds in those colours, that was a good choice. I preferred Blade to GM at the time so I went with it and would do so again.

TG wasn't my choice - it was the only colour I could get without waiting months. Having washed it and parked it in the sun yesterday I'm more than happy.

:teeth:

You have to be happy with the colour that you choose, but at the end of the day that's all that matters. It would be a very boring world if every zed was one colour and the Wales drive out would not look so good. Looking forward to seeing the twighlight Digsy :thumbs:

Oh and great pictures Martin B)

Thanks for the comments guys and the pms.

I am still convinced that a Lakes drive out is impossible due to the traffic. Stick to Wales for that. If however anyone wants to pop up I am more than happy to sort hotels/pubs etc and act as tour guide. I am off for just over half the year so that gives you plenty to shoot at.

There are aslo some great events to tie into a weekend here. Be aware though for things like Cartmel races early booking is essential. Will post a few links with major events which may be of interest.

Cartmel races (National Hunt) is a great day out. Unlike other races you take your car into the middle of the track and picnic/party all day. Its in a fantastic setting too. Book accom three months in advance though.

http://www.cartmel-racecourse.co.uk/

There is also a big steam gathering once a year. Watch the cider, its lethal ;)

http://www.steamgathering.org.uk/

The Holker garden festival is worth a visit.

http://www.holker-hall.co.uk/HolkerFestivalTickets4.asp

And Holker hall also has a motor museum.

And for anyone who wants to pop up for some scenic photography, happy to show you the good spots.

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe ... d/Cumbria/

And for Stanski, there is a good dealer just down the road :teeth:

Some niiice shots there, truly wonderful place, I had a little excursion up to the lakes recently, loved it.

A few shots, we took a trip from Ulverston, up to lake Windermere / Thirlmere and then on to Keswick for a day. I'd like to tour some more of the lakes when I get the opportunity.

Windermere:

P1000549.jpg

P1000542.jpg

P1000538.jpg

P1000550.jpg

P1000554.jpg

Thirlmere:

P1000564.jpg

P1000568.jpg

P1000569.jpg

The Moon:

P1000572.jpg