Sat Nav for Dubai

PPod

Could anyone recommend a sat nav that I could buy my sister for use in Dubai,one that will show all stationary speed cameras and constant updates. Was over last week and she got 3 tickets in 5 days £120 a piece :( but luckily you don't get given points over there.

What do you guys use when taking your cars/z abroad ?

Edited by PPod

Navmii app on iPhone, probably available on other platforms too.

Can this be used without mobile data do you know ?

Yes but it'll not be as comprehensive and probably won't have speed cameras etc. hmmm data's probably quite expensive there. Alternative would be to get a local sim.

Edit: but then you're probably safer using google maps.

Edited by KyleR

Navmii app on iPhone, probably available on other platforms too.

Can this be used without mobile data do you know ?

Yes but it'll not be as comprehensive and probably won't have speed cameras etc. hmmm data's probably quite expensive there. Alternative would be to get a local sim.

Edit: but then you're probably safer using google maps.

Yeah data is pretty crap over there even with a local sim can't seem to get a card with unlimited internet pretty annoying

Do they do things differently these days? When I was there in the late 90's you wouldn't know you had a ticket until you went to renew the equivalent of your tax-disk. Someone while I was there got caught by the same camera every day to and from work and just assumed it wasn't working until she had a HUGE bill after a year.

Do they do things differently these days? When I was there in the late 90's you wouldn't know you had a ticket until you went to renew the equivalent of your tax-disk. Someone while I was there got caught by the same camera every day to and from work and just assumed it wasn't working until she had a HUGE bill after a year.

Now its instant as you check online you enter license number and its all there. It is crazy though guys flying by the police easy 150+ and they don't bother chasing only collect the fines as they set off so many haha or they leave the cars at the airport as there that loaded and cant be bothered to pay the fines.

Don't you also get black points as well as the fine? I seem to remember it being a fairly large number before they did anything serious like take your licence away. Last time I was there I saw the police hiding behind a motorway sign and catching people as they went past :dry: And the annoying speed alarm as soon as you went above 120kph :angry: