Power loss

JackJ1312

Hi guys, I am having an issue since fitting my decats where in all gears it drives perfect, feels great until i get to 6th gear where its fine up until 3k rpm where it just seems to stop and not want to go any further making it hard to gain any sort of speed, if i drop it back to 5th it just screams all the way to the red line but back into 6th its just holds back?

i have also got a Takeda intake fitted which was fine its only since the decats that the issue has been known, thanks for any help guys

(i originally put it down to needing a map, which i have booked in for at Abbey but am now worried that if i go along for a map with this issue present it will hinder any potential gains)

Can't see it actually being gear related. Maybe just the fact its working harder in 6th so highlights the issue more.

If it became apparent after the de-cats there's a good chance its related. Could be a few things.

Have you checked for leaks on the exhaust / decats/ manifold ? An exhaust leak that close to the engine can certainly have an effect on performnce and seeing as its been disturbed recently is a possibility.

As you say, it could also need a remap. Some Zeds seem more effected by decats than others. You say you already had an induction kit fitted so it could be that the increased flow of Induction + decats is now causing it to run lean/rich. You may not notice it in the lower gears but in top gear, working harder you maybe getting some DET so the ecu is pulling the timing causing the power loss.

Either way, I wouldn't be ragging it until you know its running right or you may cause serious issues. Mark @ abbey will see you right anyway if you haven't sussed it before the remap.

If your getting a remap anyway, probably worth sticking a plenum spacer on there while you're at it to get the most out of it.

Thanks for the reply Sam, I'm booked in for the 8th at Abbey so I will certainly be taking it easy until then, I would put a spacer on but is a HR motor, the flow characteristics are what I first thought so hopefully it's right, I will update the post after the remap to see if I have the issue sorted!