Help on wheel sizes? 18's or 19's?

Zjay89

Hi guys,

need a little help! i cant make my mind up for weather is should stick with 19 inch wheels or go back to 18 inch wheels? i currently have some horrible after market wheels on my Z that came with the car, they are 19 inch! now i'm looking to get some new wheels and cant decided on which size is best for what i need, i will be going on the odd track day and do like to use the car "enthusiastically" for a better word, can anyone give me some help with there past experiences?

Thanks

James

I was in the exact same position, I bought my car with some no-name 19 inch deep concave wheels which weighed about 3 tons each. I went back to the Rays stock 18" wheels found on the Touring spec, they are very light forged wheels (one of the best stock wheels on any car) and can be picked up cheaply. The car already feels MUCH nippier. Sure, they aren't deep concave with a dollar bill dish, but for both daily driving AND any amount of track abuse, they are ideal, plus you won't be bothered too much if you ruin them. There are several sets available on ebay and on the forum, as of a few days ago, haven't checked lately.

Edited by Aashenfox

To add:

18's for go, 19's for show, 20's just no.

A light 18 (i.e original ray) will definitely feel much better and generally be cheaper than 19's (tyres etc) but in all honesty unless your chasing lap times/serious track whore, a 19 is fine both on road and track, all depends what you like the look of :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...