Fitted my new Strosek spoiler from Tarmac today at RTP...

zippypooz

So this morning I went with Payco (Thanks Martin) to see the guys at RT Performance where they kindly fitted my new spoiler, purchased from Chris at Tarmac...Heres the result! Sorry about the poor light, i took this after 7pm!! But gives you an idea!!

Really happy and RT were top notch...although i did feel a little poor after seeing some of the cars they have in there at the mo!!

Thanks to my buddy Kev at Dinnages too for a great spray match!...better photos at bottom of page!

IMG_339525301553_zpsp26m03kt.jpg

Edited by zippypooz
  • Like 5

I've got one ready to go on next week (hopefully). Roughly how much did you pay for the paint job? I'm just going gloss black and presumed it would be somewhere under £200 but haven't got any quotes in yet.

And how long did it to take to fit? I'm tempted to do it myself but if its a 10-15 minute job I might as well just pay someone as messing it up could be expensive!

I fitted mine myself couldn't tell you how long probably in region of 3 hours + mainly loads of measuring and fixing the legs , as bolts don't just go straight thru em due to length required , I thought I had screwed it up but another member hodaka had his fitted by a body shop a similar way . Think I put some rough pics up in my build thread randy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've got 50 mm long 8mm winde bolts. I realised I couldn't get them in from the top so had planned to screw them in from the underside.

I've created a template by fixing the mounts to the the spoiler and drawing round them on a bit of cardboard and then pocking wholes through where the bolts go. So it should just be a case of lining up the template with the middle of the boot.

I've got one ready to go on next week (hopefully). Roughly how much did you pay for the paint job? I'm just going gloss black and presumed it would be somewhere under £200 but haven't got any quotes in yet.

And how long did it to take to fit? I'm tempted to do it myself but if its a 10-15 minute job I might as well just pay someone as messing it up could be expensive!

I was lucky as i have a friend whos a sprayer so charged me about £50!! It took RT about 2 hours all in all but remember, make sure the holes under the spoiler are flush with it, mine were slightly proud so they had to grind them down a bit, didnt affect the paintwork as they were pretty careful.

Id suggest getting someone to fit it as if they do something wrong its their problem not yours!...Although RT are pretty experienced in fitting this kinda thing so i had no worries there.

Edited by zippypooz

I've got 50 mm long 8mm winde bolts. I realised I couldn't get them in from the top so had planned to screw them in from the underside.

I've created a template by fixing the mounts to the the spoiler and drawing round them on a bit of cardboard and then pocking wholes through where the bolts go. So it should just be a case of lining up the template with the middle of the boot.

Yup, i realised this when we looked at the fixings and ended up having to push the bolt up from the bottom and tightening the nut on the top...which i dont actually like as someone could unscrew it!! Trying to find some sort of locking nut at the mo...although most are pretty ugly!!