Dashcam

varley16

I do have a habit of getting annoyed at the little things so thought I would ask.

I had my 350 collected from a bodyshop to have the bonnet resprayed, when i got it back the dashcam was disconnected. So I checked the footage and the car started when it was collected then goes off, assuming when the driver pulled the plug.

I didnt intend to check when the car got back but it being disconnected made me suspicious.

That stinks. If it was going in for mechanical work you'd expect a test drive, no idea why a body shop would need to. Either way, disconnecting the camera is completely unjustifiable. I'd challenge them on it, mainly to hear their BS excuse. But naturally there's nothing you can do, I'd just never use them again and if you get round to doing a review online - make a point of mentioning it.

Mine was running during a recent service and MOT. Nothing too worrying except supposedly experienced mechanics repeatedly referring to my "350Z". Bit scary when people don't know what car they're working on.

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

Definitely challenge them on it - make up some equally BS excuse about your insurance policy stating you always have a camera running and switching it off is completely unacceptable.

In future, advise whoever is working on the car that the dash-cam stays ON or the work goes elsewhere - your perfectly within your rights to request this & unless they have something to hide, that shouldn't be an issue.

Mine was running during a recent service and MOT. Nothing too worrying except supposedly experienced mechanics repeatedly referring to my "350Z". Bit scary when people don't know what car they're working on.

If it makes you feel any better I've overheard mine being called a 370z :lol:

• Like 1

If it makes you feel any better I've overheard mine being called a 370z :lol:

Yours is a little bit special though!

I went for an air con recharge at Halfords the other day.

Looked at the dashcam afterwords and the first thing the mechanic said when he got in my car was 'I've got take this out for a spin later....'

He was only out for 3 minutes and never broke 30, got there fairly quick though!

No harm done, he was pretty young. Probably made his day.

Thanks for the responses, it's a shame as they did such a good job, the first quote i had was £980 + materials!! After a lengthy conversation of me just saying i want just the bonnet spraying, and them refusing to without all the blending i told them to forget it. This bodyshop was my second quote, £150+vat, and i thought if it's a shade off then so be it, but on inspection I couldn't see any difference, pretty much spot on.

On the way home i pulled up to a level crossing, as i waited a golf was waiting to pull out, so instead of making him wait i reversed back to let him in (as i was at the back of the que anyway) at this point he shouted across "have you just had the bonnet sprayed" i honestly thought the paint had come off or something, turns out he was the one that sprayed it, got out and shook his hand for a good job.....small world.