Wheels/ Exhaust.

Quinster

Can't decide what to get next.

My Z's a JDM Roadster with the 17" wheels, it just doesn't look right to me.

The problem is this; do I get new wheels or get an exhaust?

Really want s different sound (not too loud, just a nice rasp) but really want new wheels but can't afford both.

I've got about a grand to spend.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

lol

Dunno what size wheels/ tyres to get either.

What size fits without making any adjustments?

Any traders help me out with advice?

ps don't get too technical lads, I'm not that clued up with the terminology etc.

Cheers

Robert

True.

I never actually thought about that.

Cheers man.

Eh, got another question while you're here, could I just change a section of the exhaust, or is it better to change the the full system? ( manifolds as well?)

Thanks for the quick reply

True.

I never actually thought about that.

Cheers man.

Eh, got another question while you're here, could I just change a section of the exhaust, or is it better to change the the full system? ( manifolds as well?)

Thanks for the quick reply

You can change it all one piece at a time if you wish, but most tend to work from the back tot he front, i.e. backbox and mid pipe, then Y pipe, then cats and finally manifolds, although not too many bother with the manifolds as they're real hassle.

if you've got a JDM car, then you NEED to get an exhaust first, since JDM cars are even quieter than UK ones.

Put it this way - bigger wheels you'll notice for the 10 seconds you are walking to your car. But an exhaust you appreciate every time you put your foot down, which is a lot longer, and a zed with a decent exhaust note is a glorious thing! And also, who cares what other people think of your car?

Cobra resonated for £450, still leaves £550 in budget for wheels later on.

• Like 2

My zorst is a Toyosport, but I got the resonater deleted at Pipe Dynamics in Fife. Nice rip to it, but then I got decat pipes fitted and now it's loud as f@â‚© k, which I personally like, neighbours hate me tho lol.

I'm not big on going big £'s on an exhaust, simply because you can't see it, it's very easy and less expensive to buy a cheaper one and get it modded to suit your taste. The guys at Pipe Dynamics can pretty much make it sound how you want for not a lot of £'s. As long as it's decent brand and quality stainless one you can't really go wrong, just get the mods done to it to get the sound you want

I personally wouldn't recommend the ToyoSports, I have one on mine and it's not a good fit, can't wait to get rid!

You could buy some 18" Rays with tyres for sub £500 and then the Cobra or Scorpion exhaust :thumbs:

• Like 1

Now I don't know much about the JDM but assuming that it's similar to the UK.

Get the wheels then modify the centre section, and take out the silencer, that gives 20-30% increase on stock. It sounds stock on idle but has nice sound when you pull away or sit at 3k.

I did this and I'm happy with it as I'm not into anything too loud - I'd probably only consider the milltek over it.

Someone with more JDM Experience might be able to pipe up if this isn't possible though.

• Like 1

i have Berks HFCs, a cobra y-pipe and an Agency power back box. it's stupidly loud, i had a Cobra resonated back box before which i think was far more civilized. It was quiet through town but had a nice "roar" to it when you put your foot down. it's a very good compromise. Highly recommend it.

• Like 1