Advice on what mods next?

Lowrcase

I've always used the same Dyno at Hdev on my DE, at no stage have I taken any bhp figure given as a true measure of actual power, however I do take note of improvements from the first run conducted in gains from the mods done.

The first Uprev map and service gave a figure of 281 and after the map 295.The only mods were exhaust and HFCs at that point.

Yesterday after new plugs,clutch, plenum spacer and 06 airbox mod with performance panel she ticked just over 306. This wasn't remapped just put on the dyno to see whether anything had changed.

Engine wise it would seem I had a strong car to begin with and the service history shows no more than 7k miles between services and it's now on 92k.

When removing the old plenum to put on the polished one (bling) it was noted the oil filler surround was clamped between the top cover and the bottom indicating a spacer had previously been fitted by an ex owner, when doing the clutch we discovered a short shift kit had also been put on by a previous owner.

In short the previous keeper of the car was an enthusiast that cared for it very well, the way it drives overrides dyno figures for me tbh.

On a side note there was an HR at Hdev lovely looking nismo kit plus usual mods etc that had recently had uprated cams fitted and it was pushing out 346 on the same dyno.

^ agreed - sticking to the one dyno outfit is categorically the best practice for keeping track of health/gains from engine mods.

Using different rolling roads is ok purely for fun and/or comparisons with other cars on the day, ie rolling road meet or car shows.

In all honesty number chasing is never a good idea as it tells very little about how quick a car is in real world terms. As long as the torque delivery is smooth that's more important for an engine than peak power for a split second.

Remember on a track Sabine would make mince meat of any of us in a factory standard Zed compared to normal folk in a lightly modded one, point is enjoy the motor :D

My power is down from new & all that but the torque is just a bit higher than standard @ 263ft/lbs so she pulls like a train. Mad that I've lost power in my 10 year old engine with 101k miles but I've got more torque.í ½í¸í ½í±í ¼í¿»

But your power isn't down on new. Dyno readings are taken from the wheels, so no one actually knows what power the engine is putting out, it's just a best guess calculation. I don't know what system they have in any of the places you got readings, but they could also be RWHP which would mean you're pushing quite a bit over stock.

Anyhoo this wasn't supposed to be a phylosifical debate on dynos as I know different dynos, air temp, altitude, blah, blah give different readings. My 1st reading was from H-Dev & it's there's that I would trust over anyone else's. My actual question was about mods. Where do I get larger/uprated throttle bodies from? Has anyone dotted water meth injection? I want the heads ported & polished but this is my daily work car so can't do that till I get another daily driver.

Speak to Hdev mate.Unless you already have and they couldn't help.

Cheers mate, I have spoken to them a fair bit & feel a bit cheeky asking them so many questions. I have found a 75mm throttle body, adapted plate & wiring but as per usual it's from the states! $355 though all in plus shipping, import tax & VAT so hopefully there summat like that but here!

Confused by their dyno sheet - the figures at the top indicate a drop in max torque/power output... albeit gains over stock in the 5500-6500 range. Surely it would better to stay stock and shift at 5300 - 54000 rpm based on their graph?

Edited by evest