Fast road/Track 350z 3.7ltr HR build

Pff. Really love the build! I have to get going with my VQ37HR engine. Only thing is my VQ37 looks like scrap. Its at the engine shop at this moment. Hopefully he got some news sometime soon... 

Still have to figure out what to do with the pistons as I've got Tomei 272 cams as well.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With engine and 'box now installed came a little cherry on top item for me! I enquired a couple of years ago and it wasn't available, but a quick check on their site and finally CAE had added the 350z

Next up was to get rid of the standard lsd thats not up to any sort of spirited or track driving. After a little research I sourced the my own spec OS Giken superlock (1way 3/35) along with new stub a

After what feels like an eternity I finally got the car mapped, MoT'd and geo done Thursday/Friday!!   Here goes..........   Being its the first proper drive out since all this work began is was a

Posted Images

On 13/07/2021 at 22:07, Hansburger said:

Pff. Really love the build! I have to get going with my VQ37HR engine. Only thing is my VQ37 looks like scrap. Its at the engine shop at this moment. Hopefully he got some news sometime soon... 

Still have to figure out what to do with the pistons as I've got Tomei 272 cams as well.

Cheers!  Got to say it’s been a lot of work but it’s an awesome engine, goes like stink and so keen to Rev out, you won’t be disappointed 

Hopefully you do get some good news from the shop about the donor engine. What are your plans, you only need the block and crank from it?? 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, KuroKiddo said:

Wow not been on the forum for a long while and just had a quick look of the latest updates, top top work fella!

Cheers!  Been very busy but it's so nice to be out in it again after so long......there's still some ironing out with mapping and sorting a few features but it's coming together and feeling like a bit of an animal which is good.

On 20/07/2021 at 19:19, 350Butcher said:

Cheers!  Got to say it’s been a lot of work but it’s an awesome engine, goes like stink and so keen to Rev out, you won’t be disappointed 

Hopefully you do get some good news from the shop about the donor engine. What are your plans, you only need the block and crank from it?? 

Yes! Only need the short block. Eveything else will fit, also no issues with the electronics and so on. :)  Got almost everything lying around. Now we have to wait for the shop with some news...

9 hours ago, Hansburger said:

Yes! Only need the short block. Eveything else will fit, also no issues with the electronics and so on. :)  Got almost everything lying around. Now we have to wait for the shop with some news...

You using the 370 rods and machining valve relief in the pistons?  Were you hoping for a drop in then and not to have to rebuild the bottom end?

On 23/07/2021 at 20:50, 350Butcher said:

You using the 370 rods and machining valve relief in the pistons?  Were you hoping for a drop in then and not to have to rebuild the bottom end?

The idea was a simple and fast build. Using my HR heads and the VQ37. I talked to a guy in the US who had build something similar. But I could have known it wouldn't be that easy. Hahah. 

11 hours ago, Hansburger said:

The idea was a simple and fast build. Using my HR heads and the VQ37. I talked to a guy in the US who had build something similar. But I could have known it wouldn't be that easy. Hahah. 

Simple doesn't really exist on a VQ engine as anything internal is really labour intensive!

You should've dropped me a message I could bore you with everything you need to know as I researched it all a lot before before going ahead myself. Need to watch them yanks............they say its all easy and they know and that you'll have 500hp at the wheels when you've finished too 

I follow your build thread so look forward to any updates/news that you share

9 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

Simple doesn't really exist on a VQ engine as anything internal is really labour intensive!

You should've dropped me a message I could bore you with everything you need to know as I researched it all a lot before before going ahead myself. Need to watch them yanks............they say its all easy and they know and that you'll have 500hp at the wheels when you've finished too 

I follow your build thread so look forward to any updates/news that you share

I didn't listen to the numbers he had. We just want to try something new. See if it all is going to work and we gonna make this Frankenstein engine run. If it's going to make some decent power I will be happy too. Haha. I will keep you updated. Maybe some questions on the pistons you've got. But first we have to sort out what we gonna do with the VQ37.