Yes i have been thinking about getting a joint car!!!!!!!!!

sl114

:surrender: As the title says, rather than splashing out on a 350z again when Sarah moves in, we have decided that we are going to get a joint car and that means that we can have a car when needed, go out when we like without having to worry about money, go on holiday when we want and live comfortably - yes she spends a shed load of money on clothes! Or is that me? :wacko: Also, it means i can save up for a camaro when they are released :teeth:

We have been looking at Mini's as i like them and Sarah loves them, with her only being 19, insurance is going to be a killer so i am not allowed a cooperS however i have decided that i refuse to get a One so its a Cooper or nothing. Colour wise, we are looking at Pepper White or Red (to match her Chanel nail varnish or something??? Nixy will understand i guess?)

What i want to know is, does anyone have any ideas about what to look for? Faults? Wear and tear? Problems etc...?

Any help will be great. :thumbs:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Andy, im sturring between a cooper and cooperS, not too fussed about the speed to be honest as its going to be our car, but mainly hers.

All i know is aero kit is a must, along with Black grill and will be getting some black alloys with chrome lip ;)

Only things I've heard from talking with AA folks about cars were issues with the early ones, especially fuel problems. Would have to go researching just like you are to find out more.

Best of luck with the hunt !

Not to mention using Chrylser engines!! :scare:

Agree with Digsy, if you must buy a BMW then get one that looks vaguely like a real Mini. :thumbs:

:surrender: As the title says, rather than splashing out on a 350z again when Sarah moves in, we have decided (she decided) that we (you) are going to get a joint car and that means that we (she) can have a car when needed, go out when we (she) like without having to worry about money, go on holiday when we (she) want and live comfortably - yes she spends a shed load of money on clothes! Or is that me? no probably her :wacko: Also, it means i can save up for a camaro when they are released :teeth:Never gonna happen you will have kids camaro will be out the window, along with your self worth...

We She ha(s)ve been looking at Mini's as i she like them, with her only being 19, insurance is going to be a killer so i am not allowed a cooperS (cos sarah says) however i have decided that i refuse to get a One so its a Cooper or nothing.(bravo he has a say, so he thinks) Colour wise, we (she is) are looking at Pepper White or Red (to match her Chanel nail varnish or something??? (guess its not his say) Nixy will understand i guess?)

What i want to know is, does anyone have any ideas about what to look for? Faults? Wear and tear? Problems etc...? Erm you under the thumb?????

Any help will be great. :thumbs: (make your stand with her now an get a 350z, and stop being such a soppy wimp) :thumbs:

Thought id tidy it up for you bro :teeth:

So true Zedrush :lol:

The guy is scr***d and he doesn't realise it. Guess she did the perfect job. :lol:

Call me old-fashioned, but moving in together and buying a car together at 19 is a bit young now, isnt it? :p

So when is the marriage planned? Did you order that VW Touran yet to be able to drive the toddlers around? Not much room for a maxi-cosi in a mini you know :lol::lol:

:surrender: As the title says, rather than splashing out on a 350z again when Sarah moves in, we have decided (she decided) that we (you) are going to get a joint car and that means that we (she) can have a car when needed, go out when we (she) like without having to worry about money, go on holiday when we (she) want and live comfortably - yes she spends a shed load of money on clothes! Or is that me? no probably her :wacko: Also, it means i can save up for a camaro when they are released :teeth:Never gonna happen you will have kids camaro will be out the window, along with your self worth...

We She ha(s)ve been looking at Mini's as i she like them, with her only being 19, insurance is going to be a killer so i am not allowed a cooperS (cos sarah says) however i have decided that i refuse to get a One so its a Cooper or nothing.(bravo he has a say, so he thinks) Colour wise, we (she is) are looking at Pepper White or Red (to match her Chanel nail varnish or something??? (guess its not his say) Nixy will understand i guess?)

What i want to know is, does anyone have any ideas about what to look for? Faults? Wear and tear? Problems etc...? Erm you under the thumb?????

Any help will be great. :thumbs: (make your stand with her now an get a 350z, and stop being such a soppy wimp) :thumbs:

Thought id tidy it up for you bro :teeth:

lolololololololololol Jay that was pretty good mate!!

ps answer ur phone u lazy bugger :headhurt:

Zedrush (aka bonehead) - bloody excellent and made me laugh this morning, you may be correct there, however i think you know that i am pretty stubborn and if i didn't want to do this and get another zed right now, then i would, but things change, priorities change and having space for the little one right now is priority, fast cool cars can come at a later date. What i missed most about having the 350z, wasn't actually the car, it was the social aspect of it and seeing you guys and having something to talk about, that obviously grew with certain members and now i dont just have the car to talk about. My frustration has come from not being able to get to meets and drives to see everyone, which to me is more important than the car. By having a different car does not matter, it just means that i can drive over to see you lot when you do the London meet etc...Come the future, who knows what will happen, however the aim is to get a camaro in a couple of years and by getting a cheaper car now for a while, i can do that, plus save up enough each month to actually afford it on my wages in about 2 years time. That to me is a very promising plan, hence the agreement that we should get a joint car now. :thumbs:

Chest - i will give that a go mate, sounds like a plan however i dont care about speed so not too bothered about the cooperS, if i want speed i can do a track day and hire a car or something, seems that i am becoming tame! :lol:

Kev - I have a test drive for the new mini pre 06 and post 06 on the weekend to see the difference and decide what to go for. I have driven a Mini one and hated it as it didn't move, i am expecting the cooper to be a bit better build wise, however according to most they have a hard ride, which i quite like ;)

Digs - do you mean the new shape Mini or old old shape? Or do you mean the pre 06 or post 06? I am looking at a 2004/5 as i only want to spend about £11k so i can get one of those with low miles for that money.

Zum/H5 - not sure what engines the 2004/5 have, but i think it is the BMW engine, i will find out though. Im not too bothered about Chrysler engines lol.

ir_fuel - i asked for help on the Mini not my life, that's all in order thankyou, however if i needed assurance and advice i know where to go. :thumbs:

Ricky - you know Jay cant work his phone with his buffoon hands. :lol:

You know Im only messing dude :lol: or am I.... :teeth:

At the end of the day your little girl is first and foremost the most important thing in your life, and it would be great to have her stay at your own place when you get her on the weekends. I know how much you want that.

As for Sarah take your time dude, dont make to many future plans with her, she is still young and the future is still unpredictable. basically, dont put all your eggs in the one basket, just in case. Enjoy moment you have now and grow together, and do not put her name on the house either.. big no no, love can make you do messed up things... look at Rickya, I have to wait for a V/O (visiting order) to see him lol kidding :lol:

Just dont lose identity over yourself, and the person we as a community on here have become fond off :thumbs:

Well thats my opinion anyway

Digs - do you mean the new shape Mini or old old shape? Or do you mean the pre 06 or post 06? I am looking at a 2004/5 as i only want to spend about £11k so i can get one of those with low miles for that money.

The one I like (and I had) was a BMW Mini pre 06 (05 to be precise). They've completely f@cked up the proportions and detailing on the latest one.

The ride is way harsher than the Zed on the 17" rims but they do look cool. Bouncy is the word!

Good luck with it - I doubt you can go too far wrong. :thumbs:

Jay - dont worry, i have been there and done that and the one thing i got from it was Becca and a nice big bill for maintenance, but sht happens and i have a great little daughter to keep me grounded.

Digs/Mike - i know exactly what you mean and i will not be going for a post 06 model as i think they are horrible too.

i have 05 mini cooper with the chilli pack, the interior is better than the latest mini, just compare the speedo's and you'll understand, the ride is firmer than the z, less luggage space than the zed, but i actually think its more fun than the zed around town, you really end up driving it like a hooligan :thumbs: , and my mpg isn't much better in the mini :thumbs:

i have 05 mini cooper with the chilli pack, the interior is better than the latest mini, just compare the speedo's and you'll understand, the ride is firmer than the z, less luggage space than the zed, but i actually think its more fun than the zed around town, you really end up driving it like a hooligan :thumbs: , and my mpg isn't much better in the mini :thumbs:

So after all that, why buy one? :p

haha jay you idiot :lol:

Louis - i get where your coming from. If thats what you want to do then go for it! You only live once, might as wel do something you enjoy and not have any regrets.

With regards to the mini, definately get the earlier model, good residuals with them being very similar to the newer one and looks better IMO. Cooper all the way for me, just try and get a nicely spec'd one.

60093-1.jpg
That image is so funny!

Chris - i know what you mean, its just for now and the sports car will be coming back again soon, i just dont want to stretch myself with everything too soon and having a cheaper car for around town is a better option right now. :thumbs:

Chris - i know what you mean, its just for now and the sports car will be coming back again soon, i just dont want to stretch myself with everything too soon and having a cheaper car for around town is a better option right now. :thumbs:

Thats called wisdom! :thumbs: