Yes i have been thinking about getting a joint car!!!!!!!!!

sl114

AMD One Click will give your Mini One the same power as a Cooper (exactly the same engine anyway) and let you switch between standard and non standard really easily.

I think if you drive the Cooper then the Cooper S you will be impressed with the difference - more power, much better gearbox, addictive whine of the supercharger, and it pops and crackles on the overrun :teeth:

What you want is a post July 04 model if going for the S as it had a mild facelift - new lights front & rear, different grill surrounds, new 3-piece dash (instead of 5 piece to apparently cure rattles), 3 spoke steering wheel, different shaped armrests on the door cards, digital speedo reading on computer, etc.

Mechanically the engine saw some changes which released a few BHP taking it up to 171bhp, the standard exhaust now popped n farted :teeth: the gear box was new with shorter ratios, and in jan 2005 you u could add a LSD for the first time.

If you need any more info just give me a shout.

Had the AMD One Click on my MCS - a neat bit of kit, easy to use and nothing for the stealer to spot at service time.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already been there so talking from experience. Girlfriend, then baby, fast car went ( WRX STi ) and sensible car came in. Didn't care as had more to care/worry about. Always promised I would get one back ASAP. Once prams were out of way got a brand new Cooper S (05) as a start back onto the fast road.

Went for Cooper but just not enough power at all. S was such good fun round town as you can really give it full welly - not something you can do in a Zed. Ride was very harsh though - you can read the writing on a grid plate through your arse ! No issues on quality ( steering racks were prone to failure ) but a few rattles - should be at home after the Zed !

Swapped in in the end for a new 350Z GT Roadster which I have been after since they come out. Circle of life etc, your just at a different point.

Enjoy whatever you end up with, but enjoy your family more - they're what count, and when you finally get both it's heaven. :thumbs: