Sunset Orange with Nismo Kit

JimF

Just viewed this. Disappointed. Drove a long way as well.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201605093766832

Actual mileage is 68,000 miles. Front bumper colour doesn't match and it has a crack in the paint. Paint job isn't great.

Seats are extremely faded, to the point where the sides are beige. Padding on the driver's seat base is very thin, you can feel the metal bars of the seat frame.

Gearknob is loose.

Drivers side roof gutter strip looks to have been silicon'd in, but the last 6" has torn off.

No service history after approx 35k miles.

Deep scrape on driver's door looks to be down to the metal and badly touched up. It's actually a double gouge. Two lines side by side 3mm X 30mm.

Cheap tyres.

The fact it's up at £7995 really put me off.

Don't get disheartened.

There are some well cherished zeds out there.

I remember reading about one recent member selling a white kitted zed who used to clean the car AND UNDERCARRIAGE after each wet outing before parking in his garage!

What a shame Jim and I know exactly what it's like driving a very long way to see a car described by a trader/dealer as excellent (in ads & over the phone) only to get there & find it's not as described. :bang:

I actually drove one day earlier this year from where I live in South Wales to North Yorkshire (8+hr 500+mile round trip) to view an R33 GTR that was described as great condition. After 5 minutes of looking at the car I found that 1st gear synchro was shot and no way it would go into gear. :dry:

Good luck with the Zed hunt and don't forget to keep a keen eye on the Zeds for sale section on here. :thumbs:

This is literally 2 secs round the corner from me and I also was disappointed, for 1k more I got my almost mint 08 hr, albeit 250mile away it was well worth it,

I must say tho that the guys in there are usually really good, my mother has an x5 from them and when they had an issue with the gearbox they really excelled in customer service, my view is maybe it's the first one they've had and are unsure? :/