Tip toeing into the detail world

G1en

I have £200 sitting in my paypal account that i am gonna use to buy a das machine kit. I want something fairly safe to use on the 350 and if it can also be used on the BMW great. Come accross this kit. Would this be ok to start with or can anyone suggest a kit under £200 (with pads+polish) that will do the job

http://www.monzacarcare.com/dual-action-kits/dodo-juice-dual-action-polisher-complete-kit/0/

I have watched the technique trumps product everytime videos and am fairly practical guy so should be ok with the process

I know products and pads are a personal thing but going with any advice on here must be better than buying blindfolded

I already have HD wax and if you look on the link. Monza also do the kit at £200 with full range of poorboys stuff. Would this be better.

Any help appreciated guys (and gals)

To be honest you've got to be proper spesh to cause damage with a DA.

At worst you just won't get a very good correction.

Scholl Concepts polishes are good as are Menerza and I know a few people who swear by the Meguiars range.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Something like this kit then on ebay

https://www.ebay.co....tm/262492589521

Just it says med to hard paint but i guess you just dont use the most aggresive compound

I can't comment on the quality of the pads, but that's pretty much the exact same set of polishes I keep as my go-to set (I'll use S30 rather than S40, but we're splitting hairs here). I also used to use a DAS6 when I first started, and it's a solid piece of kit. The Scholl stuff is highly recommended as it contains no fillers, so the finish you see once wiped clean is the finish you end up with.

That's about as good a kit as I've seen for sale. Add one of each of these pads to it, and you'll have a quality set able to tackle most things that a DA machine can.

BMW paint is typically Germanic in nature, by which I mean it's reasonably tough stuff. You'd have a hard time doing any damage to it with the kit above, although it's not impossible if you're especially ham-fisted and more than a bit reckless. I'm talking running a hard pad against an edge for about 10 mins, rather than in general usage though!

The problem you'll have is finding a one size fits all with the butter soft Nissan paint and the bulletproof hard BMW hard paint.

What's harsh on the former will barely touch the latter.

The difference between blue and black is that black is the newer version of blue, ie not a great deal.

• Like 1

Something like this kit then on ebay

https://www.ebay.co....tm/262492589521

Just it says med to hard paint but i guess you just dont use the most aggresive compound

I've been looking at a similar kit - think this is the same kit but quite a few quid cheaper: http://www.shopnshine.co.uk/das6-pro-dual-action-machine-polisher-scholl-kit

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone's interested, I bought the DAS6 Pro kit (see link a few posts up). Unlike the images, it actually came with the handle too. Nice long cord on it as well.

Used it today with a light cutting pad and S17 compound to remove suncream fingerprints from my misses black peugeot (wasn't going to pop my DA cherry on my OWN car, I'm not mad!)

Worked an absolute treat... very easy to use, and made light work of all the suncream marks... now have very shiny flawless pug (well, flawless paintwork anyway......)

Then I took a brave pill, and turned the DA onto my Zed's yellowed headlights... and it sorted them out too!

All in all, very happy with the kit.