any ideas ? not my week

wilo

iv just done the ignition trick and it worked.

hope it stays off as I've been reading it can come back .

checked under seat and all wiring seams fine ..there's nothing under there that shouldn't be there either .

also checked passenger seat belt to see if pre tensioner was engaged but that's fine also

• Like 1

I had this problem a couple of times, it seemed to return if someone moved the passenger seat. I've only had it twice though when I first got the car, and it hasn't come back since (bought in December).

Edited by Ukeraa

Yeah that irritating airbag light... as above, the ignition trick works every time :)

Found that out myself when I bought the car. I think that issue was actually what led me to this forum in the first place! :thumbs:

More often than not from reports I have seen on here over 10 years, it is one of the seat backs has had a knock - often stuffing things down the back of the seat can cause the light to pop up. Sometimes it is the connector under the seat that has come apart.

Good news the ignition fix has solved the problem :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is a common problem, it has happened to me a couple of times normally the reset works. You could try the plugs under the seats, maybe disconnect and spray with electrolube,or equivalent.

This is a common problem, it has happened to me a couple of times normally the reset works. You could try the plugs under the seats, maybe disconnect and spray with electrolube,or equivalent.

okay ill give it a go ...cheers

Please keep us updated on how you get on. I've had a rubbish time trying to diagnose this, and am still no further on.

As others have said, it's the airbag warning light. If you do the light reset procedure with your key, you can put the car into diagnostic mode. The light will then flash at a different rate, indicating the fault code. Unfortunately the way mine flashes just indicates "some fault", and not a specific one. I've connected to a diagnostic machine, and the fault keeps moving between the driver's steering wheel, and the passenger front airbag (not the seats). A new spiral cable is a common fix, but despite putting a new one in, I had no joy! Still flashing shortly after doing the reset.

okay update.

just been to my mates garage who put the car on the code reader .

he managed to sort the problem but advised me the code reader said it was a driver seat problem even though i insisted most on the forum say wiring under pasenger seat .

he messed about with plug/s under the driver seat and then the code reader thingy managed to reset the warning light

• 1 month later...