Wax recommendations/opinions

bigfoot

Coatings are the future imo . Just not easy to get a good finish without being a pro detailer

I love them because they really give me confidence in the protection (and obviously they are profitable).

I'm never confident in waxes and synthetic sealants for durability.

Besides which there are so many different factors that influence adhesion and longevity.

Hellshine the Abyss for example is supposed to last upto 12 months but I could never sell it out as an upgrade on that basis because I just don't have the confidence in the manufacturer spiel.

Shame really as there's good money to be made in wax upgrades

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Besides which there are so many different factors that influence adhesion and longevity.

Go for the Auto Glym Lifeshine/Diamondbrite/other acrylic based sealant dealer upsells... "A billionty years durability. All you need to do is top it up with these 24 products every three days and you're good". :stir:

Hellshine the Abyss for example is supposed to last upto 12 months but I could never sell it out as an upgrade on that basis because I just don't have the confidence in the manufacturer spiel.

12 weeks would be pushing it with that one!

What you need is an official tester of some kind... ;):lol:

Coatings are pretty good, especially for the pros due to the reliable longevity of the products. If I did this for a living, aside from the rare show car prep for a specific weekend, I'd always opt for coatings too. Waxes still have their place but they're now more for the avid amateur who doesn't reapplying monthly (or for that aforementioned rare show car prep where durability just isn't a consideration). Sealants less so as the main purpose of those was the extended durability over wax, but they just can't compete with coatings in any way. That said, some people still prefer sealants purely for ease of use. Very much horses for courses really.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I listened to the helpful tips and recommendations and spent the morning giving my Zed a good Polish,

Then applied a good coating of Meguiars NXT Generation Tech 2.0 wax,

Used the Meguiars as you can use in direct sunlight,

But the Polish is what made the difference.

Thanks.

post-28005-0-13428700-1470493941_thumb.jpg

post-28005-0-40961000-1470493963_thumb.jpg