i do luv me bikes

gsexr

Bikes are mega. I only had a 60bhp motocross bike but the acceleration even on that was amazing. When you get into its power band you just hold on. It's like activating the light speed drive in the millennium falcon. Much faster in gear acceleration than my turbo Z.

I had to squeeze my thighs tight around the tank/seat to stop the g force pushing me off the back.

I couldn't begin to imagine what a powerful Street bike would feel like. Exhilarating to say the least.

• Like 1

I guess it's just traction 2 vs 4 wheels that stops the bike pissin all over it from the start?

Also corners are a fag on a bike.

Corners are the best bit on a bike, so much fun :) I appreciate on a track 4 wheels will generally be quicker, but as Rob says, not much would keep up with a well piloted bike on A roads.

Edited by Jetpilot

Corners are the best bit on a bike, so much fun :) I appreciate on a track 4 wheels will generally be quicker, but as Rob says, not much would keep up with a well piloted bike on A roads.

I,m sure they did a comparison between cal crutchlows times and louis hamiltons around silllystone gp circuit and over F1 race distance hamiltons would have lapped him several times

There is no denying top cars on a circuit will beat bikes, but, you cant get ya knee down and wheelie in a car :lol:

Rob

• Like 1

You dont often see an F1 car on the road though :) IOM TT is a perfect example for me, no car has ever got close to pretty much std bike you can buy out the shop :)

although the Nurburgring tells an opposite story

Edited by StevoD

You dont often see an F1 car on the road though :) IOM TT is a perfect example for me, no car has ever got close to pretty much std bike you can buy out the shop :)

Which was built as a race track ;)

Which was built as a race track ;)

point still stands though.

Well no, it was built as a race track and is a privately owned "toll road" that allows public access, so is not a public road, so lets say, on normal roads (which we all drive daily) there isnt many things that will touch a full fat sports bike with good pilot.

It's not a racetrack surface though, which I think was Steve's point.

Depends on the road. Long straights are for bikes, twisties are for cars. I've lost count of the umber of times I've been held by by bikers in Wales after letting them past on a straight.

• Like 1

So why cant a car lap the iom as fast as bikes, you do know they have corners there right?

thats like saying why cant a drag car win paris dakar it has straights ?

Different 'Circuits' provide different results for different vehicles

forgive if im wrong only a little research but does the isle of man, actually have any proper corners like 90 degrees of tighter? it looks like a big oval with a lot of chicanes which you could take almost straight with a bike and not a car due to the road layout/width

yea a bike will be faster here all the time every time.

you want a street track as like most bike people i have spoken to won't ever accept cars are faster ( in certain environments) lets take pikes peak fastest bike is 9:58.687 fastest car is 8:13.878 almost 2 minutes faster in fact, there are 5 car record holders that are faster than the fastest bike if i could find the full list of times ever i imagine there would be alot of cars faster than the fastest bike at that street course

No, what its like saying, which is exactly what i said is, on average roads bikes are faster than cars, iom is great reference to that ; )

Of course pikes peak and f1 cars with aero are quicker, never going to argue that, but you can hardly use them on public roads, let alone afford them.

Just to reference your Nurburging ring mention, a std R1 has lapped the ring in 7.10, with speed limits in place and during tourist sessions, although that is bridge to gantry, not many road going cars faster than that :)

Edited by Jetpilot

fastest modified production vehicle is this a modified 911 no crazy aero just making it lighter and safer

this one

it passed in 10:26.896

fastest equivalent bike in a non open/unlimited class ran 10:46.159

Edited by StevoD

I have a test ride on the H2 in three weeks

Probably another one in the garage ;)

Rob

Do it!

You're making the right decision LMFAO! :yahoo:

That one was the final choice for me when it was 370z buying time. Car won only because I had a new zx6r already. And the fact that the H2 is just too crazy!

I've still only seen 1 out there, a few months ago going through Trafalgar square.

The current PB magazine review has the H2R in the sports bike of year and they still can't find words to describe how good it is. But they do mention a 15 hour service interval! Dunno if that's same for H2?

• Like 1

fastest modified production vehicle is this a modified 911 no crazy aero just making it lighter and safer

this one

Fatest bike is 9.58, a zx10r, you can buy one from the shop tomorrow, just like a 911.

And back to the op's topic, I would bet this year the h2r breaks the pikes peak record.

this one

Fatest bike is 9.58, a zx10r, you can buy one from the shop tomorrow, just like a 911.

And back to the op's topic, I would bet this year the h2r breaks the pikes peak record.

fastest equivalent bike in a non open/unlimited class

because this is production ? the headlights are ****ing stickers, i cant find a full run down on the bike but i bet its hardly production as im 99% sure the ZX10 doesnt come with slicks from the showroom

PIMG_2009.jpg

Also yea this is normal for street driving, all my bike buddys heat their tyres before a casual sunday ride

14_0630_Jeremy_Toye_04.jpg

I have a test ride on the H2 in three weeks

Probably another one in the garage ;)

Rob

Do it!

You're making the right decision LMFAO! :yahoo:

That one was the final choice for me when it was 370z buying time. Car won only because I had a new zx6r already. And the fact that the H2 is just too crazy!

I've still only seen 1 out there, a few months ago going through Trafalgar square.

The current PB magazine review has the H2R in the sports bike of year and they still can't find words to describe how good it is. But they do mention a 15 hour service interval! Dunno if that's same for H2?

To be honest, they are a piece of engineering excellence

I was going to get one last year but other things dictated

I believe the service costs on the H2 are relatively normal compared to the H2R :lol:

Rob

im 99% sure the ZX10 doesnt come with slicks from the showroom

Tyre technology these days is petty mad. The tyres I run on my bikes are the Metzeler Racetec Interact`s and they come in 3 different compound. All have hardly any tread on them at all and are as near to slicks as you can get for the road. I think they are standard on a lot of bikes like the BMW 1000R etc..

Anyway, the long standing bike vs car argument will go on forever I think. The Guy Martin speed documentary the other year where he pitched his motorbike up against a formula one car was interesting. The bike was quicker on the acceleration, but as expected around a race track the formula one car cornered much faster.

On the roads I find I am much quicker on my Yamaha R1 than I am in a car. I find its acceleration, braking and cornering all are so much quicker. I can switch lines mid corner, overtake on small straights where id never be able to in the car and all feel so much more in control & safer. I was expecting my 997 turbo to give it a good run for its money, but after 3000 miles, whilst im still getting used to the 997, the bike is definitely quicker on my local roads. Sure, if I change the tyres out on the 997, have the geometry checked & set, plus adjust the suspension and spend weeks practicing I might be able to give the bike a bit more of a run for its money. But thats a lot of time/effort when I can just wheel my R1 out of the garage and do it all on a stock bike which is now worth about £50k less than the 997 turbo.