Alarm keeps going off !!

merv

My Z's alarm started going off for no reason just before xmas, somedays will be ok for an hour others 4 hours others 3 minutes, dealer asked me to change bat's in key fob, done this no change - dealer then removed the plug into audio alarm speaker in boot for 15 mins, yea he says that will do the trick, we stood in forecourt for 15 mins and all ok, back at base within 2 hours beep beep beep, phoned them yesterday and he now tells me he has 2 350's in the sales lott and they do the same, so I wouldnt worry about it "Hello" They seem unable to sort it out. Wonder if anyone else has this problem, real bummer to leave it at the airport unlocked as this seems the best way not to draw attention to her !!!!!!

Lexx, weren't are cars delayed over Xmas because Nissan GB were waiting for alarm parts? I'm wondering whether ours are different.

Hmmmmm, possibly. Im not sure though, I shall check with my contact and Nissan Sunderland.

06 June reg, have searched all over the net and found nothing on the problem

Mine is an 06 and the alarm has been set off a couple of times by large vehicles passing at speed (seen it happen) and that makes me wonder if high winds might do the same - i.e. sensors a little to sensitive? Could that be the same for you? :surrender:

Where are the sensors on Zeds? Are they loose fit behind headling/ windcreen framing or built into dash sort of doodar?

They could be pointing too much towards windows and if too sensitive they will go off?? Are your cars all with SATNAV /Bluetooth built in or a mix ???

Only reason I ask is when I had my ditchfinder in for some work last year - I was told that top spec Adventura model the ones with Satnav (the same Birdview one your Zeds have) and bluetooth (Nissan use the parts bin here for all this stuff!) they have had reports of a fault where the battery drains prematurely - the reason is that all these extra electrical stuff does'nt appear to shut down properly in a snooze mode if you will when not in use and is putting a strain on the battery? Maybe worth following up - they should be able to get a mechanic to test this for you? Sorry I did say mechanic then did'nt I? Doh! Silly me :headhurt:

Anyway hope this helps?

Stan

just in front of the Mirror and light unit. Not the best fit but you can't change the direction.

thanks Mike probably another Nisaan parts bin special - so probably used across the range? Must be too sensitive then thats all i can think of? My ditchfinder has only let the alarm go off in those horrible strong winds /hail the other week - first time ever ? (06 plate)

Well I aint got to the bottom of the problem, as the dealer does not seem sure what to do, Changed bats in keys, changed car bat, disconnected alarm in boot checked connections and re-fitted, and u know what toot toot toot, so hell I just pulled the plug out of the alarm bow in the boot and left it like this for the moment, car locks although the flashers dont flash, I am now wondering if the alarm is beeping away but I just dont know it any longer. hmmm soon find out if the battery is flat in the morning. I kinda wonder I tend to run the car with the EPS switched off most of the time, so one can get a bit of tramp several times a day, just wonder if all this tramp has damaged the unit in the boot, dealer does not seem to keen to replace the thing, but will try him again in the morning.