oil pressure

wilo

hey guys is 15psi correct once the engine is warmed up at idle .

also in 3rd gear at 27mpm it reads 30psi

asking as it seems lower pressure per speed/gear than when i bought it 2 weeks back

4901fa148ebcbe0f02a831c0c9c3096d.jpg9971172f873d19f707523b01fb209c91.jpg

Edited by wilo

Check your oil level. If it's okay, then the pressure is fine.

But yes, looks perfectly fine to me. Anywhere between min and max is usually okay on that dial.

oil level half way between half full and max (3/4 full) .its had 1.5 litres in it in my two weeks of owning it

Go down the thread list in General and read "Love Hate Relationship" thread I started have a read, look at my before/after pressures and work done etc. I personally think your pressure is low but phone Abbey or Horsham and they will explain more think your on the brink of needing gallery gaskets changed and it certainly ain't cheap !

• Like 1

Go down the thread list in General and read "Love Hate Relationship" thread I started have a read, look at my before/after pressures and work done etc. I personally think your pressure is low but phone Abbey or Horsham and they will explain more think your on the brink of needing gallery gaskets changed and it certainly ain't cheap !

just read the full thread .

how much £ is it to have the gallery gaskets done and would a pressure test diagnose before spending

Do you have an HR?

no 04 plate DE 129000 miles ...how come mate

HR is affected by the weak oil gallery gaskets, DE's are not :)

thats good to hear cheers Tom.

im going to have it looked at tho asap just due to the high oil consumption/loss .

i know some zeds eat oil but 1.5 liters in 2 weeks is beyond a joke imo. dont really hammer it much either

Holy hell! Erm yeah, I hate to state the obvious but that is one very very unhealthy engine. I would strongly suggest getting it looked at with a view to a rebuild/replacement engine ASAP, unfortunately.

Assuming this was a private sale, of course. Was it?

Holy hell! Erm yeah, I hate to state the obvious but that is one very very unhealthy engine. I would strongly suggest getting it looked at with a view to a rebuild/replacement engine ASAP, unfortunately.

Assuming this was a private sale, of course. Was it?

was bought off a member here ..mo

user name t21moh

Did you ask about oil usage before buying? Did he mention it at all?

Not trying to point blame, purely fact finding at this point.

asked if there was any thing i needed to know and he said all that was wrong was the thrust bearing was noisy ..he doent reply to my messages iv sent

In fairness, he doesn't have to either. If he didn't know then he's probably been running the engine dry or just assuming TADTS, if he did know then that's a bit naughty. Zero way of proving it though I'm afraid. :(

Horrible when this happens. You have my sympathy. :( I'd estimate you're looking at anywhere between £1K to £2k for the work, depending on exactly what needs doing or what you may choose to upgrade whilst you're there.

In fairness, he doesn't have to either. If he didn't know then he's probably been running the engine dry or just assuming TADTS, if he did know then that's a bit naughty. Zero way of proving it though I'm afraid. :(

Horrible when this happens. You have my sympathy. :( I'd estimate you're looking at anywhere between £1K to £2k for the work, depending on exactly what needs doing or what you may choose to upgrade whilst you're there.

@*!# thats expensive.i may just try run her steady till i can afford another low milage DE and yes i plan to do the plenum and uprev eventually.

ill just have to keep an eye on levels and pray she holds out

could the oil issue be down to something other than a knackered engine? .maybe a seal or pipe ..when changing the standard air box to a ram air today i noticed it was very wet/oily around and below the dip stick area ..about a 8" radius.

also would a compression test diagnose how healthy the engine is ?

Is this an early DE or a later Rev Up or HR ?

Ignore that, just noticed early DE.

Okay, check that the ECV is not jammed.

If the valve is okay, no point in messing about with further diagnoses.

If there are no external leaks then I am afraid it is engine build jobby.

Edited by ZMANALEX