traction control

wilo

since owning my 04 zed for the last two weeks iv been frequently running about with the traction control off to get used to the way it drives .(first rear wheel drive car).

anyhow while at the garrage today one of lads said i shouldnt do this all the time as its bad for the zed ..think he said it sh4gs transfer box or something .

is there any truth in this?

also iv not been hammering it just simply getting used to the unexpected drift and learning how to control it when it happens.

Never heard that before... what's a transfer box anyway? Sounds like a load of poo to me, but I guess there's stuff that I don't know :)

dnt know tbh.i do know the lad and he's a good mechanic but i just dont understand why it has that button/option

if its not intended for frequent use.

he has a bmw 330 and said its okay on his to use but the zed can't handle it as well if overused.

also they were checking the car out on ramps at the time talking about the gear box , prop shaft etc so not 100% on the transfer box reference ...he did say it sh4gs something tho if overused

It will hurt it if you mess up though!!

Bahhahah creased up at this. Traction control has saved me many a time.

I would be a candidate for ditch finder of the month if I didn't have traction control.

• Like 2

He's an idiot. Ignore him.

A transfer box is used in 4WD vehicles. And no, running with TCS off won't hurt the car in any way, shape or form.

ahh great news .tbh i dnt like having TCS on because every time it slips it kills the power too which is proper annoying .an okay that makes sence as there was an old land-rover next to mine so maybe that's where I picked up the transfer box reference. he did definitely say it damages something tho .

A transfer box is used in 4WD vehicles. And no, running with TCS off won't hurt the car in any way, shape or form.

ahh great news .tbh i dnt like having TCS on because every time it slips it kills the power too which is proper annoying .an okay that makes sence as there was an old land-rover next to mine so maybe that's where I picked up the transfer box reference. he did definitely say it damages something tho .

Having traction control off has absolutely no effect or damage on the zed. I have had mine for getting on 6 years now, and I like to take it off occasionally when I fancy a bit of fun! Also, I had my camshaft position sensor go on the car at one point, and until I got the replacement part delivered, I had to uplug the sensor. I had traction control off for about 3 months constantly (because a lot of that time was trying to figure out what part to get). Nothing happened to the Zed, except I learned how to control her without the TCS. :)

• Like 2

Having traction control off has absolutely no effect or damage on the zed. I have had mine for getting on 6 years now, and I like to take it off occasionally when I fancy a bit of fun! Also, I had my camshaft position sensor go on the car at one point, and until I got the replacement part delivered, I had to uplug the sensor. I had traction control off for about 3 months constantly (because a lot of that time was trying to figure out what part to get). Nothing happened to the Zed, except I learned how to control her without the TCS. :)

i am starting to get the feeling the mech is talking sh1te lol.

an okay thats good to hear because im just starting to get a feel for it with TCS off .absolutely puts a grin on my face every time the arse end kicks out coming off a roundabout .....the girlfriend isnt impressed tho haha

an okay thats good to hear because im just starting to get a feel for it with TCS off .absolutely puts a grin on my face every time the arse end kicks out coming off a roundabout .....the girlfriend isnt impressed tho haha

The girlfriend isn't impressed? - She will be. If not, you might need to look into trading her in for a newer model :thumbs:;)

• Like 3

Mine has been off since I bought the zed a few months ago. Think it's due to spacers on the rear and lack of on the front. In the dry it's fine and balanced. In the wet I just show it respect as a couple times it has stepped out with very little effort haha

Mine has been off since I bought the zed a few months ago. Think it's due to spacers on the rear and lack of on the front. In the dry it's fine and balanced. In the wet I just show it respect as a couple times it has stepped out with very little effort haha

I highly doubt that your TCS is off due to spacers being on the rear but not the front. I was running spacers only on the rears for about a month before I had my front spacers delivered. Never threw up the TCS as being disabled... have you run a code reader to see if it spits out any codes?

I think the only thing that may get damaged is his reputation for gargling such verbal poop!

Or maybe the OP's car if he gets too carried away round roundabouts?

Seriously though, if its your first rear drive car just take it easy. Especially on the road, but have fun :)

• Like 1

The girlfriend isn't impressed? - She will be. If not, you might need to look into trading her in for a newer model :thumbs:;)

she is the newer model ;) .

:worthless:

I think the only thing that may get damaged is his reputation for gargling such verbal poop!

Seriously though, if its your first rear drive car just take it easy. Especially on the road, but have fun :)

Don't jinx me Ricky .and yea im taking it steady now.

had a bit of a scare a few days after buying her coming off a roundabout and nearly had a magic moment in my pants so its kinda grounded my enthusiasm for the time been

:worthless:

the car or the gf lol.

tried uploading a pic to my avatar tbh. but it wont let me ...do i need to be a paying member ?

had a bit of a scare a few days after buying her coming off a roundabout and nearly had a magic moment in my pants so its kinda grounded my enthusiasm for the time been

He's not wrong though... especially as it's your first RWD car. I started off gradually by turning off TCS when I had loaaaaddsss of room to play if I made a mistake (which I did initially) To this day I am always cautious as an accident would inevitably mean furher unnecessary costs to repair the zed.

I don't think we have paying members on here... you can however donate to the forum if you'd like someone to tell you how to upload pics? :lol: I jest... are you operating on your computer or off tapatalk app on your phone?

He's not wrong though... especially as it's your first RWD car. I started off gradually by turning off TCS when I had loaaaaddsss of room to play if I made a mistake (which I did initially) To this day I am always cautious as an accident would inevitably mean furher unnecessary costs to repair the zed.

good point mate. I'm actually under orders now to only have TCS off if roads are dry .iv no plans to track it or drift but need to learn how to pull out of trouble if sh1t hits the fan one day .

cant believe iv missed out on rwd this long its sooooo much fun

I don't think we have paying members on here... you can however donate to the forum if you'd like someone to tell you how to upload pics? :lol: I jest... are you operating on your computer or off tapatalk app on your phone?

using mobile app .

i did go to full site option but still can't uoload

using mobile app .

Download Tapatalk app to your phone (it's free) and hook it up to the forum. It'll be MUCH easier to upload pics from that.

using mobile app .

Download Tapatalk app to your phone (it's free) and hook it up to the forum. It'll be MUCH easier to upload pics from that.

cheers pal think its sorted now Edited by wilo