Ebay Fobs?

Nate

I never got a key fob when I bought my 350, just 1 key without buttons. Read online that you can program any fob to work so bought one off Ebay to try out. Used the guide on here to try and managed to get into programming mode (heard the two clicks) held the unlock and pressed the lock 3 times & nothing happened, no clicks to confirm and when i take the key out the fob doesn't work. Can anyone confirm if they've use an successfully programmed an aftermarket fob?

I bought a 2nd hand refurb key fob from Ebay, used the programming instruction (pedal and key combi) and managed to reprogram both old key and new refub key fob without any problem. Not sure about aftermarket keys thought.......

I helped and know of a Micra key that was successfully reprogrammed. Not sure what you mean by aftermarket? :shrug:

Which guide did you follow? There's a UK and US guide - one doesn't work for the other.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a couple of micra keys from eBay a few months ago ( this was when I broke my arm and couldn't drive the Zed ) with the view of transferring the guts over to a flip key body. However neither of them have the " immobiliser" chip in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paul K

• 2 months later...