Number plate bulb replacement

ZeppoJeff

Don't waste your time. I just checked the compatibility Jeff which returned with.....

This item does not fit Nissan 350 Z 2004 Z33 [2002-2016] Coupe 3.5.

My guess is the seller has done the same as a lot of other sellers on eBay whereby they will put in the names of performance vehicles such as "Subaru Imprezas, Nissan Skyline GTRs" etc etc to improve the hit rate of their items for sale.

Just get some decent white light 501 LED's (canbus error free) and that'll make your rear number plate light up nicely & look more modern. ;)

pull one of your current bulbs out and measure it.

I think the dimensions of the phillips ones will be available online somewhere.

What I have done on my Z32 is remove both bulbs, and wired in an LED SMD strip along the recess above the number plate. It's ridiculously bright.

I've been through loads of LEDs from various sources, including Autobulbs Direct and Aurora Bulbs. Some of them looked great, but started flickering within a few months.

I just bought Osrams - they look great and are much brighter than the filament ones. I do still wish they were a tad brighter though, but reliability is the main thing. Will see how they perform!

Here's the listing I bought mine from. They delivered very quickly. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311163353801

And a pic, although the camera makes it look blindingly bright!

20160606_223941_zpsspcb1ewo.jpg

501 LEDs are cheap as chips, I tend to go for ones with SMDs on as I find them brighter. You can get ones that are too long so check measurements, mine are from ebay and look like this:

zM9XULN.jpg