Not a good look

TimC

spare.jpg

Got the car looking immaculate after spending all day yesterday cleaning and polishing the zed ready for Sheringham car show today when this happened on the way. Needless to say I did not go after this happened on the way.

tyre.jpg

They were getting a bit old so time for MPSS all round I think.

Did you hit debris, or did someone take a pickaxe to it? :scare:

I moved over into middle of road to avoid some roadkill and it happened then, must have hit something in between the lanes. I was doing nearly 70 when it happened so there was a bit of run flat damage as well. Thought blood and guts in the wheel arches or front of car would not be a good idea at a car show. Wish I had gone over it now, still good excuse for new tyres all round now.

Edited by TimC

Did you hit debris, or did someone take a pickaxe to it? :scare:

+1, ...what happened as that tyre doesn't look in bad shape with regards to tread depth etc.

Glad it didn't cause you to crash or anything though. :thumbs:

Edit: Just seen your response Tim. ;)

still good excuse for new tyres all round now.

Haha its funny what we use to justify stuff... 2 weeks ago I got a screw in my tyre and ended up buying a brand new set of rays rather than 1 tyre :lol:

Don't put the space saver on the rear! It ALWAYS goes on the non-driven wheels.

You'll massively upset the balance of the car under power using that, as well as possibly give your diff more strain/wear than it needs. Just pop it on the front, and a front tyre on the rear :thumbs:

Don't put the space saver on the rear! It ALWAYS goes on the non-driven wheels.

You'll massively upset the balance of the car under power using that, as well as possibly give your diff more strain/wear than it needs. Just pop it on the front, and a front tyre on the rear :thumbs:

you shouldn't really use power on a space saver anyways im sure then say max speed is like 50mph :D

Don't worry when I drove it back I was going real slow and next time I drive it will be to get new tyres. Just got to decide what to get now, replace the FK452 with FK453 or go with MPSS. The Falkens seem to have lasted really well and I will only be driving it in the summer and max of 3000 miles a year. But on the other hand MPSS's get such good reviews but twice the price of Falkens.

Edited by TimC