What should come with the GT to enable Bluetooth?

linkster

Sorry to start a whole new thread on this but I need to figure out what to ask my dealer to address before taking delivery of my second hand 350z next week.

We saw two different GTs, one appeared to have a little cradle in the arm rest, but the one I'm buying doesn't. (there's glue residue under the steering wheel where something appears to have been attached).

I just want to make absolutely sure there's nothing missing from the car which is required for pairing, can anyone confirm if these are extras / accessories?

Thanks!

If it's a GT it should have buttons on the steering wheel to control the phone and cruise control.

In the arm rest should be a cradle into which sits a bluetooth adapter instead of your phone.

If it's not there put your foot down and demand it as it's part of the GT package.

If it's a GT it should have buttons on the steering wheel to control the phone and cruise control.

In the arm rest should be a cradle into which sits a bluetooth adapter instead of your phone.

If it's not there put your foot down and demand it as it's part of the GT package.

Oh it has the buttons on the steering wheel all right, and in the arm rest looks like *part* of a cradle, it was hard to tell - but this is precisely why I'm asking so thanks for the clarification! So the adapter should also be part of the standard package?

there should be a cradle in the armrest. The bluetooth adaptor sits in this cradle. Cars from MY06 onwards came supplied with the bluetooth adaptor. Z's before this date, owners would have to buy the adaptor separetly.

If the car hasn't got a cradle, insist in having one fitted. Many owners will sell the bluetooth separately after selling the Z.

Ah, I see - so providing the cradle itself is there (and there was definitely something metal, I only looked briefly) I can't insist on the adapter seems to be what you're saying, sounds reasonable enough. I don't know what the whole thing should look like (GT 54 plate), anyone have a picture?

err, just a slight caveat or two to the above - if the ZED you are buying is a pre 06 model it would not be bluetooth enabled. If it is an import then it is unlikley to have any phone fitting in place - as GC350Z says above, the give away is the absence of phone buttons on the steering wheel and that also applies to all roadsters.

If the car does have the buttons on the steering wheel the 'cradle' is two parts. For pre 06 cars there is base (fixed to the floor under the 'armrest') with wires entering it at the back that carries the actual cradle to hold what are now rather obsolete mobiles There were a choice of cradles to suite phones as follows:

Ericsson

T68, T68i

Nokia

7250, 7210, 6610, 6100

Nokia

7250(i), 6220

Nokia

6310i, 6310, 6210

Siemens

C45, S45, S45i, ME45, M50, MT50

Siemens

C55, S55

Quite often with s/h puchases the 'cradle' that actually carries one of the above phones is not in the car. Should you want one to suit one of those vintage phones post a 'wanted' thread otherwise be prepared to pay mega bucks from NISSAN.

If the car is 06 and later it should be bluetooth enabled. Same principle applies in terms of the two piece cradle except that a unit clips ont onto the wired base (about the size of a small mobile phone) and has an orange/red indicator light. If your phone is bluetooth all you need to do is 'pair' it with the car and hey presto it should work. Some bluetooth phones do not seem to work to well, or at all, owners have experienced different outcomes, but if you do a search on this site there is a (long) list of compatible phones. Mike, one of our moderators (MYK) has provided this.

Good luck and oh by the way phone or no phone once you are behind the wheel there will lots of :teeth: s

edit :blush: I see by the time I wrote the above others have got in - no doubt some pics will pop up soon :thumbs:

Ah, I see - so providing the cradle itself is there (and there was definitely something metal, I only looked briefly) I can't insist on the adapter seems to be what you're saying, sounds reasonable enough. I don't know what the whole thing should look like (GT 54 plate), anyone have a picture?

piccie here :teeth:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=15

err, just a slight caveat or two to the above - if the ZED you are buying is a pre 06 model it would not be bluetooth enabled. If it is an import then it is unlikley to have any phone fitting in place - as GC350Z says above, the give away is the absence of phone buttons on the steering wheel and that also applies to all roadsters.

If the car does have the buttons on the steering wheel the 'cradle' is two parts. For pre 06 cars there is base (fixed to the floor under the 'armrest') with wires entering it at the back that carries the actual cradle to hold what are now rather obsolete mobiles There were a choice of cradles to suite phones as follows:

Ericsson

T68, T68i

Nokia

7250, 7210, 6610, 6100

Nokia

7250(i), 6220

Nokia

6310i, 6310, 6210

Siemens

C45, S45, S45i, ME45, M50, MT50

Siemens

C55, S55

Quite often with s/h puchases the 'cradle' that actually carries one of the above phones is not in the car. Should you want one to suit one of those vintage phones post a 'wanted' thread otherwise be prepared to pay mega bucks from NISSAN.

If the car is 06 and later it should be bluetooth enabled. Same principle applies in terms of the two piece cradle except that a unit clips ont onto the wired base (about the size of a small mobile phone) and has an orange/red indicator light. If your phone is bluetooth all you need to do is 'pair' it with the car and hey presto it should work. Some bluetooth phones do not seem to work to well, or at all, owners have experienced different outcomes, but if you do a search on this site there is a (long) list of compatible phones. Mike, one of our moderators (MYK) has provided this.

Good luck and oh by the way phone or no phone once you are behind the wheel there will lots of :teeth: s

edit :blush: I see by the time I wrote the above others have got in - no doubt some pics will pop up soon :thumbs:

it's a 54 plate so clearly isn't going to be much point in me exploring this, that explains why the previous owner had a cradle glued to the underside of the steering wheel. Oh well, I'm not a rep so doesn't really matter to me :D

iPod support on the other hand.......!!!!!!

Cars from MY06 onwards came supplied with the bluetooth adaptor.

Never knew that: I'll have to check and see if the car I'm buying has it before I pick it up.

Top thread, I'd have never known otherwise :thumbs:

Some of the early MY06 cars came through without the bluetooth adapter, when they should have been provided. Owners had to badger Dealers for them, so be careful. As Mike says above, because the adapters are so easily removed s/h cars are often sold without. Insist it is provided if the car should have had one from new. I even remove my adapter when the car goes in for service as there is always some light fingered moron around who will seize an opportunity to make a few quid if they can.

When all is said and done they don't work that well anyway :yawn:

Never had a problem with either of my two ZEDS (one bloothtooth one not) perhaps you should upgrade your phone from that one that has a wind-up handle on the side :p

Never had a problem with either of my two ZEDS (one bloothtooth one not) perhaps you should upgrade your phone from that one that has a wind-up handle on the side :p

Yeah yeah :yawn: My phone is not the problem, it's that anoying woman that keeps saying fu*king PARDON :rant:

Yeah yeah :yawn: My phone is not the problem, it's that anoying woman that keeps saying fu*king PARDON :rant:

Speaking in English rather than Welsh might help :p

Speaking in English rather than Welsh might help :p

You presume incorrectly. Just because I live in Wales doesn't mean I'm Welsh. I am in fact English through and through but decided to move over the border to give them the benefit of my knowledge ;)

Heard of this before but in German. It's not the blue tooth adapter but the main phone bit which is under the top cubby box behind the driver accessed by lifting the floor of the cubby box. This unit will need replacing by Nissan as it has the wrong one for a UK model. I would insist they do it for nothing.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... ght=german

Heard of this before but in German. It's not the blue tooth adapter but the main phone bit which is under the top cubby box behind the driver accessed by lifting the floor of the cubby box. This unit will need replacing by Nissan as it has the wrong one for a UK model. I would insist they do it for nothing.

Thanks again Oracle Mike! Will get on the phone to the stealers.

Mark

I'm confused now by the earlier response that said quite clearly that a pre 06 car was not Bluetooth enabled as there are a couple of other threads active right now which seem to disprove this. This one for example

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11848

Perhaps the chap meant that it didn't come with a built-in Bluetooth adaptor, but that wasn't the way I read it.

I am looking on the THB site and have found cradles for both the phones I use most, if I buy one will I then be able to use Bluetooth in my 54 GT (UK)?

I refer to what I said earlier...

there should be a cradle in the armrest. The bluetooth adaptor sits in this cradle. Cars from MY06 onwards came supplied with the bluetooth adaptor. Z's before this date, owners would have to buy the adaptor separately.

If the car hasn't got a cradle, insist in having one fitted.

Many owners will sell the bluetooth adaptor separately after selling the Z.

You only need to get the bluetooth adpator and not the specific phone type ones. They are the old style aren't bluetooth. They work by actually sitting the phone into the nokia or seimens cradle.