What should come with the GT to enable Bluetooth?

linkster

I refer to what I said earlier...

there should be a cradle in the armrest. The bluetooth adaptor sits in this cradle. Cars from MY06 onwards came supplied with the bluetooth adaptor. Z's before this date, owners would have to buy the adaptor separately.

If the car hasn't got a cradle, insist in having one fitted.

Many owners will sell the bluetooth adaptor separately after selling the Z.

You only need to get the bluetooth adpator and not the specific phone type ones. They are the old style aren't bluetooth. They work by actually sitting the phone into the nokia or seimens cradle.

It has the cradle, so I just need to buy the adaptor from somewhere and then pair my phones with it?

I misunderstood your earlier post, I thought when you said those cars were not bluetooth enabled that it was more than just a simple component to be added. Thank you!

Just to clarify - bluetooth requires the cradle in the armrest plus the bluetooth adapter. Pre-MY06 cars may have the cradle which will have had a phone-specific non-bluetooth adapter fitted eg for a Nokia or Seimens. To convert those cars to bluetooth, the phone specific adapter clicks off the cradle and the bluetooth one clicks on.

The bluetooth adapter does not hold the phone and does not charge the phone.

:thumbs:

Just to clarify - bluetooth requires the cradle in the armrest plus the bluetooth adapter. Pre-MY06 cars may have the cradle which will have had a phone-specific non-bluetooth adapter fitted eg for a Nokia or Seimens. To convert those cars to bluetooth, the phone specific adapter clicks off the cradle and the bluetooth one clicks on.

The bluetooth adapter does not hold the phone and does not charge the phone.

:thumbs:

Here is what I have in the arm rest

Photo0124.jpg