So I took it to those hand car wash

Banz

and now I really regret it. There was only a few visible stone chips. Now there are a dozen of them on the roof and the bonnet. I'm guessing the high powered wash did it.

BGUFro0.jpg

QqZMpfw.jpg

The worst one.

0xTfMOh.jpg

Should I get some touchup paint and do it myself or should I pay some money and get it done properly? It looks horrible as they seem to cluster up together.

I dont think their jet washers would have done that, i can use mine on full (which is a lot more powerful than any hand car wash ive seen) without it removing paint. Maybe now its clean the stone chips are just a lot more obvious?

That's a little rust blister right in that photograph, I had some on my roof. Just had it resprayed. Apparently the rust was quite bad it had to go back to bare metal then redone.

I wouldn't trust anyone else washing my car but me. Iv seen valeters blast shamois leather with a jet wash whilst they layer it on the dirty concrete floor!

Maybe the stone chips were just there and I didn't notice. Since it seems to be pretty normal for this car. But I'm pretty sure there wasn't that many. My guess is the touch up paint has came off after the jet wash.

How much would it cost to get a roof or bonnet resprayed?

The majority of people I know either don't clean their cars or they take them to cheap hand wash places. I don't avoid that to simply save the paint, but washing my car is therapeutic (particularly on a nice day).

I've had people say I only do it because I 'have a nice car'. Then explain I did the same to my '94 Micra and my '01 Civic :lol:. Some people just don't get it.

I do need a lot of my car respraying to be honest. The bonnet and bumper have a lot of stone chips and the roof has a rust spot or two. Need to have a word with our paint guy.

The majority of people I know either don't clean their cars or they take them to cheap hand wash places.

The thing is my driveway isn't suitable for rinsing down cars with water. I've taken other cars to those cheap tesco wave car wash before and they were perfectly fine. But I should've listened, I didn't really expect the paint to be so thin and soft on the Zed.

The thing is my driveway isn't suitable for rinsing down cars with water. I've taken other cars to those cheap tesco wave car wash before and they were perfectly fine. But I should've listened, I didn't really expect the paint to be so thin and soft on the Zed.

At least you get it cleaned somehow. A friend of mine bought my Civic when I got the Zed and he's just abused it; always filthy, scratched, dented. Shame.

The majority of people I know either don't clean their cars or they take them to cheap hand wash places.

As a detailer you'll need to take what I'm saying in the context of your situation but seriously I'd do a regular cleaning with a 'waterless wash' system before I'd use the hand car wash butchers.

That is if you can't stretch to something better like a decent valeter

Waterless washes are bad but personally because of the surfactants they use I'd say less harmful that a 6 billion bar jet wash and a ruck load of caustic chemicals

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I don't even have a driveway, I just do it on the double yellows outside my house. Its a fairly quiet road though. I use the Kleers portable jetwash. http://www.kleers.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=65&product_id=66

Its not that powerful* and the reservoir just about lasts a wash and a rinse

*My shower was out of action this weekend so filled up the kleers with warm water and gaffer tapped the nozzle to the edge of the shower cubicle. Refreshing!

• Like 1

I don't even have a driveway, I just do it on the double yellows outside my house. Its a fairly quiet road though. I use the Kleers portable jetwash. http://www.kleers.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=65&product_id=66

Its not that powerful* and the reservoir just about lasts a wash and a rinse

*My shower was out of action this weekend so filled up the kleers with warm water and gaffer tapped the nozzle to the edge of the shower cubicle. Refreshing!

Likewise with the lack of driveway issue and have been looking for options to assist with this.. And this looks like just the ticket, something to help either side of a good mitt wash.

I also like your "redneck" approach to showering. I had to rebuild my bathroom once and had to put the bath in the garden for a week, was kinda nice looking at the stars.

Edit: Sucks about the paintwork, probably a combination of the above but I wouldn't argue with Ricey on such a topic.

Edited by Oggieteepo

I've used them a couple times and always tell them to use new sponges

That won't help a great deal because

sponges

New or not, closed cell sponges will trap the dirt on your car between the two surfaces and just drag it across the paint.

Tell them not to touch the car instead.

Edited by ilogikal1