Flock or paint centre console?

shad0wca7

With the usual poor quality paint showing marks around the head unit and chubby hole, I'm thinking of having that part flocked rather than trying to repaint with textured paint and hoping it comes out ok.

What are the thoughts on this? Can the rubberised paint still look factory and keep the texture of the plastic or is t really obvious?

Search 'For Flocks Sake' on Facebook, guy on there does some great work and has done plenty of cars on the Celica forums. Very reasonably priced as well (£35 for my centre console I think he quoted).

Flat it down and paint it with a matt black paint. Anything glossy or different (flocked or carbon) always looks aftermarket. But if you're not bothered about the factory look, flock on :D

i wanna flock! i want to flock!

I... wanna flock and roll all night...

here i am... flock you like a hurricane...

for those about to flock... we salute you!

this doesn't help with the question. but it did amuse me, and that's what counts.

• Like 3

i wanna flock! i want to flock!

I... wanna flock and roll all night...

here i am... flock you like a hurricane...

for those about to flock... we salute you!

this doesn't help with the question. but it did amuse me, and that's what counts.

Flocking Hell :lol::lol:

With the usual poor quality paint showing marks around the head unit and chubby hole, I'm thinking of having that part flocked rather than trying to repaint with textured paint and hoping it comes out ok.

What are the thoughts on this? Can the rubberised paint still look factory and keep the texture of the plastic or is t really obvious?

Flat it down and paint it with a matt black paint. Anything glossy or different (flocked or carbon) always looks aftermarket. But if you're not bothered about the factory look, flock on :D

I have tinkered a bit with my interior and went for a gloss black (slight gold fleck) and think quite the opposite to the above, lots of cars come standard with gloss piano black, my mates Aston for example, its its good enough for them, its good enough for me. However, anything coloured, only in my opinion of course, does look very aftermarket and tacky. A black flock might look ok, but its a bit "rally car" for me

interior%202_zpspzpogoxw.jpg

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

I have tinkered a bit with my interior and went for a gloss black (slight gold fleck) and think quite the opposite to the above, lots of cars come standard with gloss piano black, my mates Aston for example, its its good enough for them, its good enough for me. However, anything coloured, only in my opinion of course, does look very aftermarket and tacky. A black flock might look ok, but its a bit "rally car" for me

interior%202_zpspzpogoxw.jpg

Please don't misinterpret aftermarket as being tacky, the op mentioned about keeping it factory looking. Piano black is on many luxury cars like your mates Aston and my old M6, but luxury and 350Z don't usually belong in the same sentence lol

Yours looks excellent by the way, the flocking goes well with the gloss black and steering wheel :thumbs:

Piano black is on many luxury cars like your mates Aston and my old M6, but luxury and 350Z don't usually belong in the same sentence lol

Your not wrong, lol, for a small amount though you can make the interior a nicer place to be.

Piano black is on many luxury cars like your mates Aston and my old M6, but luxury and 350Z don't usually belong in the same sentence lol

Your not wrong, lol, for a small amount though you can make the interior a nicer place to be.

Certainly looks a lot better than the dimpled OEM surface. Did you sand it all back first, the prime and paint, or prime first then sand and paint?