BULB KIT FOR 350Z ROADSTER

nissanjuke

Just got a bulb kit for my roadster, led 4 fuse like bulbs and 3 plug in bulbs,can anyone tell me how do I get the interior bulbs out of my interior light,mind its a roadster, and boot light, how does that come off, and the rear number plate lights, I just see that they clip off.

2-bulbs for cabin light

2-bulbs for number plate

1-bulb for boot light still have 2 bulbs left ,where do they go.? no instructions on packets.

Im having a blonde day! :blush::wacko:

The boot light from what I remember just needs a small flat blade screwdriver (end wrapped in cloth to protect your plastics) or trim removal tool prized into one of the ends & gently levered away, ...it should just pop out then. Once the housing is out the actually bulb replacement will be obvious.

Number plate light bulb replacement guide (same as boot light really): http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/76731-how-to-change-your-number-plate-bulbs-to-leds-youtube-vid/

Not sure on replacing the interior bulbs I'm afraid as I had the coupe which is probably different. Could tell you if you had a picture though.

The bulbs you have left over, ...are they 501 LED bulbs? Could be for your sidelights if so as they are 501 capless bulbs. ;)

You will know if they are vanity mirror lights as they will be about 31mm long and very thin, with metal bits on both ends. Be careful when trying to fit them though, the light covers pop off ok (work from the outside edge inwards), but you need to push 2 bits of lower trim inwards so it slots back in when refitting.

The interior lights in a roadster pop out easily - the plastic cover (that you push to turn on/off) pops off if you use a trim removal tool, pry it under the outside edge and push. Incidentally, a set of trim removal tools are cheap on ebay and will save you a lot of hassle.

The boot is hard, but if you can get your head inside, look up at the dome covering the bulb and you should see a bit of plastic holding it in place. It is hinged on the side closest to the front of the car (IIRC) so press the side closest to the rear. Also to note, this was the only bulb that caused me hassle, I blew a fuse when installing a new LED one, they run off a red 10a fuse in the drivers kickpanel if you run into trouble.

• 2 months later...
Just got a bulb kit for my roadster, led 4 fuse like bulbs and 3 plug in bulbs,can anyone tell me how do I get the interior bulbs out of my interior light,mind its a roadster, and boot light, how does that come off, and the rear number plate lights, I just see that they clip off.

2-bulbs for cabin light

2-bulbs for number plate

1-bulb for boot light still have 2 bulbs left ,where do they go.? no instructions on packets.

Im having a blonde day! :blush::wacko:

Where did you get your set from? Any problems since fitting?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk