How to - change your number plate bulbs to LEDs (YouTube vid)

WhackyWill

I have just changed mine to LEDs from Autobulbs Direct, found this little video a great

help in removing the lights. It said you can put the bulbs in either way, this is not true for some LEDs

they are + and - sensitive so may need to just turn them over, check they work before re- fitting light. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Little bit of a problem this eve after I fitted these. My tail lights on the R/H side only worked on some LEDs L/H side was OK. The brake light on the R/H was very bright and looked like the LEDs were over powered. (See pics ) LEDs were ones recommended on here. whacky1.jpg.5632c89a9749a572917ddd57dfce8e46.jpgwhacky2.jpg.f37c2021a1302e2806f2982f23686c39.jpgwhacky3.jpg.6af562aa28cabbf4fa18018f71624079.jpg

These are the ones I upgraded to. I have aftermarket LED rear side & brake lights which were working perfectly until I fitted the number plate and boot

LED bulbs below. I'm going to re-fit the standard ones this morning and see if the problem with the side/brake LED is solved.

These are the ones recommended on here. :blush:

http://www.autobulbs...ed-colours.html

Edited by WhackyWill

Unfortunately you aren't the first member to complain about the accuracy of Autobulbs listings (it seems we should all double check first) hope you get it sorted, keep us posted so that others know the outcome for the future. :thumbs:

These are the ones I upgraded to. I have aftermarket LED rear side & brake lights which were working perfectly until I fitted the number plate and bootLED bulbs below. I'm going to re-fit the standard ones this morning and see if the problem with the side/brake LED is solved.These are the ones recommended on here. :blush:http://www.autobulbs...ed-colours.html
Right' 2 hours later I have found the problem. Changed the LEDs back to standard bulbs, still got the same problem. Takeoff the rear LED lights fiddle about with the plug ..all work perfectly, put them back...AHHH ! same one not working again take them off change over the left for right (without fitting them)..all work but only one brake light on..!

To cut a 2 hour story short I found a intermittent fault on the R/H LED rear light circuit board, stick you finger in the bulb hole and wiggle the circuit board about and you can bring on the fault..so had to now changed them back to the standard red lightswhich fortunately I still had so I can use the car.So apologies to Autobulbs it wasn't your LEDs but the expensive ones from the States.

Edited by WhackyWill

On 05/10/2013 at 11:51, WhackyWill said:
On 05/10/2013 at 09:42, WhackyWill said:
These are the ones I upgraded to. I have aftermarket LED rear side & brake lights which were working perfectly until I fitted the number plate and bootLED bulbs below. I'm going to re-fit the standard ones this morning and see if the problem with the side/brake LED is solved.These are the ones recommended on here. :blush:http://www.autobulbs...ed-colours.html
Right' 2 hours later I have found the problem. Changed the LEDs back to standard bulbs, still got the same problem. Takeoff the rear LED lights fiddle about with the plug ..all work perfectly, put them back...AHHH ! same one not working again take them off change over the left for right (without fitting them)..all work but only one brake light on..!

To cut a 2 hour story short I found a intermittent fault on the R/H LED rear light circuit board, stick you finger in the bulb hole and wiggle the circuit board about and you can bring on the fault..so had to now changed them back to the standard red lightswhich fortunately I still had so I can use the car.So apologies to Autobulbs it wasn't your LEDs but the expensive ones from the States.

The problem is an intermittent fault on the circuit board inside the sealed unit (below)whacky4.jpg.452ccb8770d5a551672d2170f801b119.jpg

Hi Guys,

You may be interested in a place to buy high quality LED's from, and the guy is very knowledgeable about the setup of LED's, does installs and all that business. If you need help or advice on whats the best bulb to buy, give Craig a shout at http://www.auto-leds.co.uk/ This is his new site which he has just started populating, his goods have been very popular on the Toyota/Honda scene.

I wouldn't recommend them if I wasn't happy with the bulbs he has supplied me in the past.

Graeme

Have a look at the post, I thought the problem was with the LED bulbs I had just fitted and they were causing a problem

with the LED Tail Lights, as it turned out the LED bulbs from Autobulbs Direct were OK, the problem is on the circuit

board inside the LED rear light unit from the USA which are only 6 weeks old, just coincidental that it happened

at the same time I fitted the LED bulbs in the number plate and boot... Po Po happens. . :surrender:

• 3 years later...