Fitting a surf board inside?

Banz

Unfortunately my insurance doesn't do multi car insurance so they quoted me for another £600.Therefore I need to get rid of my 4x4 to try and fit a 6 feet 3 inches surfboard into a 350z. Can someone tell me whether it is possible?

I'm most likely going to put the passenger seat down and try and slot it from the back into the passenger leg room.

Can you not try another insurer? Surely on a limited mileage policy and mirroring your NCB it can't be anywhere near that much.

Unless you're in Manchester, Bradford or Glasgow. Then you're on your own. ;)

Dont know if my insurer were telling me bulls**t excuse number 134 from page 12 of the manual but apparantly you can only use your no claims discount on one car so when i bought the zed i had to start from zero as it is my second car.

Truth, but stretching it. Most insurers will mirror your NCB anyway, so you can go with them. For example, my second car has the equivalent of 10 years NCB on it, despite it only being 3 years in reality.

• Like 1

I can't try another insurer because I already have insurance with this car. It will cost me money to cancel it. Plus I have 0 NCB as I've been a named driver for over 10 years..... My current insurance for my 4x4 cost me £550 per year. Mid 30's but first time being the policy holder on a cheap car.

Edited by Banz

That doesn't matter. You can still go elsewhere, I was insured with Sky on the 6er and A-Plan on the MR2, it was A-Plan that mirrored it.

You may well find that another insurer will still accept your named driver NCB, certainly can't hurt to ask. :)

But I went on those gocompare website and found the cheapest quote for my current car. That was before I joined this forum though. I should try the suggestions on the insurance section I guess.

I've had a short board in the back of mine when I had it.

Had to take the passenger seat headrest off and every time I turned left I got hit in the head with it.

Not sure a long board would fit.

• Like 2

It will fit in with ease ... i have a 6'8 magic carpet and ive still got a couple of inches to spare befor the board is anywhere near the rear glass!

ive also managed to fit in the magic carpet and a 5'10 shortboard, you just have to know how to pack the car.

Tom

Edited by Tomb
  • Like 2

I should have searched the forum before I even asked! This guy fitted a 6'9. Then I'm guessing my 6'3 would fit easily. I guess my second question would be that if it would fit between the gap between passenger and driver? So that my missus could still sit in the car :lol:

2681223226_0969db5c1e_o.jpg

Get her a train ticket, sorted ;)

That will definitely not go down well. She is already annoyed that I've never let her drove my car. If I get another car and she can't even sit in it. I don't think that will end up well.

In my defence, she has damaged 4 rental car within 1 month.

• Like 1

It will not go in with the two of you.

And before you consider it please do not use the soft racks, they are awful in every way.

Tom

I've tried the soft rack once on a rental car. My god it was dangerous. Used it once and never again. My friends also uses it and it damages the seal on the car door.