Be aware of this eBay user.

checkers88

I'll try and keep this to the point, I know many of you will share my frustration when you feel you've been taken advantage of and not received justice when being swindled on eBay. I'd just like to make all forum members aware of a particular eBay seller who sells aftermarket body kits for cars.

His ebay username is "bromotorsport"

I recently purchased a 350z ING-S front lip for my Z and when I finally had a day off to take it to a body shop to get it fitted did I found out it was a terrible fit, and I don't mean like a fibre glass one that needs modification but a plastic one that can't be fabricated. It doesn't follow the shape of the bumper leaving large gaps under the reflectors, the ends are about an inch too short and don't tuck inside the wheel arch as they should.

After I messaged the guy who basically told me I was lying and it does fit I looked at his feedback to see others suffering the same problem. I sent him images showing the poor fitment and after arguing for days he finally agreed to accept my return. His messages were short and evasive and he kept changing his mind about the refund then trying to make it as difficult as possible throwing extra charges in for return shipping. He eventually boycotted me so I rang ebay who told me that I actually have a 6 month money back warranty because it's not as described. Instead of acting like a responsible business owner and resolving it like adults he decided to call me out and make me go through the long winded process of an eBay case. I know you should never buy cheap aftermarket kits and I honestly thought I wouldn't be one of the ones who got stung, I just want to make everyone aware as I've seen others asking about that front splitter and there are only two vendors on eBay that make it. I only found out later the other was TarmacSportz and I kicked myself for not using a reputable seller.

Apologies for the long message everyone but I just didn't want anyone else going through the trouble that I've had with this individual. Just remember if you use PayPal you have rights outside of eBay and you don't have to accept being ripped off.

Once again his user is username is - bromotorsport

post-26115-146178251649_thumb.jpgpost-26115-146178252397_thumb.jpg

That's not good at all, now get yourself a decent one from Tarmacsportz. :thumbs:

I will be doing! Serves me right for not doing my homework first. This was just a warning to other ebay users to spare them the headache of returning shabby products.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

We all live and learn I guess. I try to use the traders on here as much as possible because they know their stuff, I've had loads off Chris at Tarmacsportz he's a top guy to deal with.

• Like 1

Don't be too hasty... there aren't many places that make the replica lips... A few factories in China. Although I'm sure Chris has the contacts and resources to get the better ones, there's no guarantee another one will fit better. Fitment is always likely to be an issue with a replica although that does look worse than a lot I've seen.

I'm not trying to excuse the seller, but he may well believe that they did fit as he bought them in good faith. If you don't get people to test fit, then you end up in this situation. The guy may well be left with a load of stock that he now knows is basically worthless. At least you got your money back.

• Like 2

Don't be too hasty... there aren't many places that make the replica lips... A few factories in China. Although I'm sure Chris has the contacts and resources to get the better ones, there's no guarantee another one will fit better. Fitment is always likely to be an issue with a replica although that does look worse than a lot I've seen.

I'm not trying to excuse the seller, but he may well believe that they did fit as he bought them in good faith. If you don't get people to test fit, then you end up in this situation. The guy may well be left with a load of stock that he now knows is basically worthless. At least you got your money back.

Paddy speaks the truth :thumbs:

Replicas can be hit and miss unfortunately.

Live and learn :) Now you know to ALWAYS try the forum traders before eBay. There will be of course some amazing bargains there for wheels or OEM parts, but always check out our guys first :thumbs:

My quarrel isn't so much with the overall quality as such as I didnt expect a perfect unit, it's with the seller himself, he's been extremely difficult and I'm having to resort to opening a PayPal case to get to sorted. Thank fully they are being very helpful and my refund is on its way. I just wanted to warn others that if you do need to return an item to this seller he can be extremely difficult to deal with.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...