Tyres? Corners? Bah!

CJRamze

So the car hasn't felt right for some time, I've had it checked over and I've had the tyres/wheels checked and the alignment and the whole 9 yards.

But something still didn't feel right, I wasn't sure what it was but I knew that I needed new tyres so today I had a quick look at the tyres.

Went to the rear of the car, 225/45/18

Hmm... That seems a little narrow.

Went to the front of the car.

245/45/18

WTF?

Went to the drivers side front, 225

Went to the drivers side rear 245

Now that I look at it the passenger side tyre seems too fat and its like they've taken one of the rear tyres and put it on one of the front wheels when they were sorting out balancing and alignment. Its been like this for MONTHS.

Is this dangerous? Could this have caused any damage?

What a pain in the arse!

I think it was a genuine mistake with new machinery (That balances each tyre on each corner)

Its a mistake, No harm done. I will go back and get it sorted.

If their response is negative and they wont sort this out for free (Which I'm sure they will)

I'll certainly be back to let you guys know the place but People make mistakes a company shows its true colours when you have a problem and they do nothing.

I'll keep you guys in the loop.

• Like 4

Went there yesterday, Highlighted that I needed 4 new tyres.

He noticed me straight away (Not many 350's around)

"Alignment and tyre balancing, that was you right?"

I said I was looking for four new tyres but first have a look at the wheel profiles.

He walked around and said

"Why are your rear tyres on the right side of your car and why are your front tyres on the left side of your car"

"Good question, So I'm looking for a good deal on 4 tyres, Balancing, Alignment and Geo. Sort me out"

£600 for 4 MPSS, Balancing, Alignment/Geo and Disposal of old tyres?.

Sounds pretty good to me. They apologised and said he was going to bollock his brother who did the wheels.

I said there was no need for that. Mistakes are made, I'm sure he wont make that one again!

• Like 3