Audi R8

marzman

I know, I was only pulling your leg. The research is all part of the fun. I think had my uncle been a bit younger, he'd have gone for the R8 instead of the DB9. I went to look at an R8 at Christopher Jackson in Wilmslow, a really nice car. That was 18 months ago and as you say prices don't seem to have moved much at all.

I think years of being tailgated by tossers in Audis has made me biased against all Audis. I hate it.

For the first time in my 27yr driving history, they now stay back when I'm in the Zed. They're just not quite so confident.

• Like 2

I've never been a fan of the R8, I can appreciate it as a great bit of machinery but I just can't find anything to make me feel passionate about it. I just can't imagine 5 year old kids having posters of it on their walls if you know what I mean. :shrug:

• Like 3

Whilst in theory depreciation may be low (or nil) you have to factor in everything else. If you buy privately, you may want to buy an aftermarket warranty and have an inspection, Which will cost money. If you buy from a dealer you`ll probably get that piece of mind already, but then you`ll be paying 15% more than private.

Servicing, tyres, warranty, (assuming anything else dont go wrong) over a year will soon add up. Plus you have to factor in any finance interest etc if you dont buy outright.

Ive been looking at 911`s since last July and whilst the ones im looking at are holding their value or slightly increasing in value, i worked out that they would have to go up in price by about 15-.20% over the time I keep the car in order for it to be "free" motoring. It only then takes one major problem for it to be a real headache.

I've never been a fan of the R8, I can appreciate it as a great bit of machinery but I just can't find anything to make me feel passionate about it.

Mmmmkay .............

As I say, great bit of machinery... but still doesn't get my juices flowing in the way a Sagaris or a Countach once did.

I tested a R8 v10 a little while back.... might have been the wrong flappy paddle one, but other than the noise and the looks, I was not impressed with it. Compare that to the N430 that I test drove a few weeks (similar prices), the Aston was awesome.... manual, noise, looks, etc.

The R8 has no space for anything other than a backpack

The interior just felt like another audi

The visibility from the drivers seat was shocking

Personally I would go Aston over the R8 everytime

• Like 1

A colleague had one and I did a couple hundred miles in it, in and out of London. Nice but not worth it really. The best bit is the look, everything else is average. Looks super car but not super fast and not amazing handling compared to other cars in the same price range.

His was a daily commuter but lots went wrong costing him a fortune.

Maybe it was karma because he got fired for stealing £300,000 over 4 years on top of his £200,000 wage lol.

Edited by Jewell