Plane lands short of heathrow runway

steve_b

Got this on News 24 atm. Seems the plane came in very low, undercarridge down, landed on the grass and skidded to a stop at the start of the runway. Witnesses are saying the plane sounded very dodgy and that the pilot did a brilliant job to stop it hitting anything. :headhurt:

:scare:

Mike, is that because you have just found out that they let Women fly planes??? :lol:

What? No way, that isnt allowed!

That is scary, so glad it wasnt my plane back from the US!

I'd watch out you lot and hold onto your undercarriage, Nixy and Co will be along soon...........................................................................:lol:

:scare:

Mike, is that because you have just found out that they let Women fly planes??? :lol:

What? No way, that isnt allowed!

That is scary, so glad it wasnt my plane back from the US!

I'd watch out you lot and hold onto your undercarriage, Nixy and Co will be along soon...........................................................................:lol:

Undercarriage ok as Nixy likes it ;)

It's ok, they'll be a while yet..... they were all on that plane pushing the drinks trolley! ha ha :lol::lol::teeth:

It's ok, they'll be a while yet..... they were all on that plane pushing the drinks trolley! ha ha :lol::lol::teeth:

What did you want as a epitaph on your headstone that I hear is being readied :lol:

Apparently all power was lost on the plane and the pilot had to glide the plane in. BA have publicly acknowledged the efforts of their staff in hadling the situation.

This is the first reported crash of a 777 ever in its 10yrs of service :scare:

Apparently all power was lost on the plane and the pilot had to glide the plane in. BA have publicly acknowledged the efforts of their staff in hadling the situation.

This is the first reported crash of a 777 ever in its 10yrs of service :scare:

Yeah I just read that.... .fair play to the pilot, gliding one of them in can't be that much fun. They're pretty big!

_44362787_heathrow_crash_2_416.gif

1.jpg

Thats a pretty big hole in the wing/fuselage! :scare:

Yes fair play to the pilots if this is the case :scare: Even though it may be the firct crash for the 777, its certainly not the first incident, quite a few engine failures have occured on this type and some software issue's have occured in the past. It will be interesting to find out the reason for the total loss of power.

Hole in wing and fuselage will be the undercarriage i would of thought. :scare:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1318128&size=L

Yes fair play to the pilots if this is the case :scare: Even though it may be the firct crash for the 777, its certainly not the first incident, quite a few engine failures have occured on this type and some software issue's have occured in the past. It will be interesting to find out the reason for the total loss of power.

Hole in wing and fuselage will be the undercarriage i would of thought. :scare:

Yeah, alright, I'm going to the US on one of these in a few weeks!! :scare::dry:

Never seen the under carriage go through a wing before. (used to be aircraft engineer). Have seen aircraft hit the ground badly but normally just kills the components not push them thru so must have been heavy or they dug into the ground and the plane tried to carry on ripping things apart.

Normally tell people that is best place to sit, strongest part of the plane to carry under-carriage and lots of strengthening frames for fuel tank area.

PS would not have wanted to driving round the road at the time as has a new dimension to "low flying aircraft"