After 11 years I have decided to change the battery

Beavis

Decided to retire my original 11 year old battery today on my 05 GT4. Just thought i would change it for piece of mind. It was still going strong!

Meanwhile my dads 1 year old (15 plate) Micra's battery decided to die. Nissan said it cant be changed under warranty because the car has not been used enough! :wacko:

Edited by Beavis
  • Like 2

Mines is still going strong as it came from new in 2008... hope it last as long as yours! lol The suspension certainly doesn't...

Just changed the battery on Caroline's 2008 while my 2006 coupe is on its 3rd.

Pete

• Like 1

Fair play for it lasting so long, mine have always averaged 6/8 years, however I agree it is a pain to remove all the plastics, but hopefully you won't need to remove them again for at least another 5 years minimum, if you still have the car. ;):lol:

Got 10 yrs out of mine so can't complain. Bought a Bosch to replace it and after 1 yr it wouldn't start the car. Having charged it it ran down again. I took it back and thankfully got my money back.

However I did discover something which is when buying a battery don't just select one based upon the a per hour rating. Apparently you also have to select one with the correct CCA (Cold Cranking Ampersge) rating.