24 year old

ShawUK

Haha nice. I'd love to lower my mileage but its my daily and toy. I tell admiral its 19k a year approx and i checked my miles between mot's recently and i'm almost consistently doin 17.5k lol so I was a good guesser haha. And now the things just clicked over 77k its due for its 2nd service of the year mmmm. I swear the running costs for this must be close to some bigger cars the amount I spend on mine lol

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by AMT

But just got my insurance today from admiral (23 year old) declared all mods and the 350z came out £257 for the year :) couldn't believe it went over it multiple times and she kept saying yes that's correct.

How the f.... lol !!! I'm 30 now and my insurance with nothing but a windscreen claim is £460 odds (can't mind exactly)...and your 23 and less than 300 with mods! Oooft! I'm with Admiral too, this November they better get discounting haha. You must live somewhere with no crime :lol:

Got it so cheap as wee had another car enter the policy so that's 5 cars on the multicar now.

Thats mad. Whenever ive had a quote from Admiral multicar, they constantly tell me I can only use my 23 years NCB on just 1 car, and any additional cars they quote me at the full price without using any NCB on it. When they do that, they are always more expensive than it would cost me to insure the other car elsewhere. In addition they pointed out that when it comes to renewal, if I decide to remove one car from the policy due to being able to get it insured cheaper elsewhere, they will then recalculate the premiums on the remaining cars in the policy and increase them. So it means they are trying to tie you in and make it hard to get out.

Admiral and elephant are the same company along with bell and diamond. The reason they're cheaper is becuase even though you declare mods in the small print it says if you crash they will replace with standard parts or just pay book price in case of a write off.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Admiral and elephant are the same company along with bell and diamond. The reason they're cheaper is becuase even though you declare mods in the small print it says if you crash they will replace with standard parts or just pay book price in case of a write off.

Didn't realise this, but as the money for a Nissan exhaust is probably way overpriced compared to my stainless steel set up I have on cover, I'd be happy with that lol

Edited by AMT

Well over 1000 for me. 16 years ncb. Sky Insurance.

Adrian Flux wouldnt quote me.

Hi,

I'm surprised we wouldn't quote you. Did we give you a reason why?

Regards,

Dan.

Horsepower.

My Focus is insured under you at the moment though. 800 quid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I've tried so many places and I can't get anything below 2000£ :(

I'm 24, held a license for 6 years and 3 years NCB. It costs me 700£ for a 1.6 Seat Leon 08 reg with multi car....

Sky insurance: You are better off trying comparison sites - didn't even give me a value.

Adrian Flux: Didn't give me a value but said it's more than Admiral (2000£).

Elephant: Part of Admiral so same price.

Bell: 2000£

It must be my post code (SL3) which scores a D. I think I just cannot buy one now.

Because the number of 22 year olds who have crashed a 370z is low combined with probably a good postcode aswel as your NCB

I struggled to insure mine this year, despite being 25 and ownin it for over a year. Was unexpected thats for sure. Got it down to £450 modifications declared though so im happy

• Like 1

Because the number of 22 year olds who have crashed a 370z is low combined with probably a good postcode aswel as your NCB

I struggled to insure mine this year, despite being 25 and ownin it for over a year. Was unexpected thats for sure. Got it down to £450 modifications declared though so im happy

With which company??

I'm finding it impossible.

Edited by Jasjeet

22, 0 years NCB, license for 2 years, 10k miles ~ £740 with Admiral.

Pretty hefty discount from adding both parents as named drivers and multicover (parents car + home insurance).

Think there was also a £20 discount if you install a dashcam...

Edited by Strudul

I just tried Admiral multi car (vectra, Astra, Ibiza and the 350z), it came to £1700 :/

I put the car in my name however. I shall try putting my parents on the car also.

Put your parents on each car and should go down a few hundred

I actually found that having parents on my insurance made it more expensive, from the POV of the insurance company they said you know the car, they dont so they're more of a risk. Adding parents doesnt always make it cheaper

I asked and they said that adding parents wouldn't reduce the price. I ignored them and asked them to recalculate it with none, each and both. Came out cheapest with both.

Results may vary though, so definitely worth checking every option. I think after 25 it loses any real benefit, but also depends how long you've been driving.

Edited by Strudul