Please help, I've been strung along for 10 months by Tradelink Cars.

colesl4w

Update: Just updating this post to include the dealer name: Tradelink Cars, incase anyone else is considering buying from them. Google 'tradelink cars review' to see loads of examples of horrendous reviews about them. It took 110 emails and 11 months to get a replacement bumper, when they had admitted they advertised the wrong sort, and it would not pass MOT.

Hi all,

To cut an extremely long story short, I bought a 350z off Tradelink Cars on this forum. The dealer has a checkered past, but I ignored that, thinking it was just a case of people being too fussy. I bought the car in May 2015, and immediately noticed the replica Nismo V1 body kit I asked them to fit, was not the one they advertised to me. It had no headlight washers (an MOT fail in Northern Ireland), and was made of fiberglass rather than plastic as promised.

After 10 months, countless e-mails being ignored, loads of legal threats, and what must be nearly a hundred e-mails back and forward, they have finally sent me a replacement bumper. Can someone smarter than me please confirm that this is fibreglass, and not plastic as promised?

http://i.imgur.com/UIAeHdO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/g3jVO9T.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/U28rx0o.jpg

Edited by colesl4w

I don't believe that even the genuine Nismo bumpers are plastic - they were all fibreglass. A genuine Nismo bumper will have the brand label glassed into the rear of the bumper in the middle.

A plastic Nismo bumper is an impossible promise on that basis

I don't believe that even the genuine Nismo bumpers are plastic - they were all fibreglass. A genuine Nismo bumper will have the brand label glassed into the rear of the bumper in the middle.

A plastic Nismo bumper is an impossible promise on that basis

Thanks for the reply. I knew it was not an original Nismo, but a replica. However, when the trader advertised the bumper to me they said (this is a direct paste from the e-mail):

"This is the kit that will be fitted. (V1 Full Nismo kit.) Rear spoiler, rear bumper spats, sideskirts and front bumper. The front bumper we use, unlike most on the market, incorporates the all important front headlamp washers. It is also an excellent tried and tested fitment."

and

"The kit is a replica but is made from plastic and not fibreglass. (A genuine used Nismo kit would cost you around £2500.00, for the kit alone, without painting and fitting, thats if you could get hold of one, which is doubtful)!!

The kit does meet EU regulations though and is the best on the market."

May last year???!!!

Jeez man, just start a claim, that's ridiculous.

I have been threatening that to them for about half a year now. I genuinely was just hoping for the good in these people, and that they would correct the mistake they admitted to. I don't understand what they're trying to achieve by stringing me along like this. They've now spent loads of cash prepping, painting and posting me what is once again the wrong bumper. What on earth would they be thinking by doing that?

And I guess trader will be something beginning with "Tr... ...." Lol

Yes, It's Tradelink. How did you know?

Clues were

Trader on here

Mixed reviews on here

Sells cars and can fit/spray parts/cars lol

Regarding the headlight washers - just mark out the holes you need, cut them and fit the standard washers in (or ask one of the decent bodyshops to do it if you aren't handy with a Dremel)

I would - but it's more the fact that they specifically advertised this as not fiberglass, and yet that's what they've given me... twice. From what I'm being told here, plastic bumpers are extremely rare. In that case should I believe that anyone who has bought a Nismo conversion from Tradelink has potentially been lied to?

Depends on what they asked for. I wouldn't worry about other folks, focus on your own.

Again, pinch of salt as we only have one side, but the email from Greg is fairly damning. I am surprised at this really, I know people have knocked him for his pre-sales patter at times but I've not heard of anyone with issues post-sale. He should know better than to promise something undeliverable.

Regarding the headlight washers - just mark out the holes you need, cut them and fit the standard washers in (or ask one of the decent bodyshops to do it if you aren't handy with a Dremel)

I would - but it's more the fact that they specifically advertised this as not fiberglass, and yet that's what they've given me... twice. From what I'm being told here, plastic bumpers are extremely rare. In that case should I believe that anyone who has bought a Nismo conversion from Tradelink has potentially been lied to?

I think it might be a misinterpretation, FRP - Fibreglass reinforced plastic. You won't get a plastic one from anywhere in the UK, even I have tried and failed to get them.

The one in the pics looks decent quality though

Chris - Greg has just confirmed that this is a "fibre re-inforced plastic bumper". Where would that compare on the quality scale with an actual plastic bumper? Thanks for your input.

No thats right bud, just get a bodyshop to put the headlight washers on and you will be the same as practically every other Zed with a Nismo kit B):thumbs: