370Z GT Edition - Nismo Kit.

nrenz123

• 3 weeks later...

I'd ordered some of the EVO-R DRL'S and imported them from the USA. Plan was to create a lens for them and have them chrome plated to make them look more OEM.

Due to spiraling costs I've decided to sell them on and instead these have arrived.

ZTa4F7I.jpg

They've cost me a fortune £1k+ but I'm trying to look at them as an investment of sorts as if I ever sell the car I will sell them and the kit on.

Hoping to get them fitted this weekend and the rear next.

Didn't the evo ones fit or was you just not happy with how they looked? I was looking into getting a set possibly. How much did they cost you including the shipping/importing if you don't mind me asking?

They were €330 shipped plus a £44 vat fee and £10 handling fee. So around £290 all in. I'll be putting them up for sale soon.

They were fine but I wanted to make a lens for them. I'd had a quote to get them plated in chrome for an OEM look but that nearly trebled so I've decided to just get the OEM.

Edited by nrenz123

Having had a play with the EVO-R DRL I started making some lenses.

dX7pbbv.jpg

zRfEmcY.jpg

I sanded them down and primed them to get rid of the manufacturing injection mould marks but ultimately decided they weren't quite for me.

I have treated myself to a pair of these - and a much lighter wallet.

YA4UKrG.jpg

N7flthe.jpg

Just waiting for the rear to come back from paint next week and i'll install the rear and put the DRL in. That will take some wiring via relay to get them working using the auto lights feature. Plan is to have them on with the ignition and off when the main lights come on automatically.

Edited by nrenz123

Excellent job so far, looking forward to seeing the finished result

The huge amount of money iv'e spent on my build i just couldn't have been able to bring myself to pay that for the DRL's, how the hell can Nissan justify that price!!

Fitted the DRL this weekend. pretty straightforward to be honest longest part was running the wiring which was pretty simple.

There is no harness to fit and DRL on the 2012 370 so had to wire them in manually.

I worked out a circuit using a normally closed relay. Power from a 12v source when then ignition is ON will activate the DRL, they will remain on until either the sidelights or main beam are turned on. This also works in the auto position.

g0ikUg4.jpg

Testing the circuit.

All was good so onto the physical part....

Removed the bumper.

fR0Vq48.jpg

These are the location points for the Nismo DRL. 2 x push clips and 1 x spring clip.

The yellow circled portion is from one of the plastic inserts for the Nismo bumper that acts as a guide.

s5Tvj6e.jpg

DRL Fitted

Gk21Rps.jpg

Gd7PSWQ.jpg

I didnt take any pictures of the actual wiring install (boring) but the 12v feed for the ignition on was taken from the fise box in the engine bay and the pin circled in red.

12v to trigger the relax and switch off the DRL when the main beam or side lights come on was taken from the side lights. There are two wires black/yellow and green. The green wire is the 12v.

qiWWe4A.jpg

The final result showing the DRL on and off with the side lights and/or main beam on.

z1eTNHn.jpg

U24qEQ2.jpg

Edited by nrenz123

It's on!

I'm really happy with it, transforms the car!

In my opinion you do not require any thing that is not already on the car to install this - just the bumper and the tow cover.

Had a set of mirror covers painted too.

I know it wont be t everyone's taste and not all will agree but I've put the NISMO badges on, I imported them from america a while ago and while I've debated whether to put them on for a while, I decided to go with. I think it finishes the rear nicely and I don't have to worry about filling a hole in the front bumper.

Excuse the crap pictures, I was in a rush to get everything done and get to work.

Last job to do is add some black to the rear of the skirts where it should have been masked off.

BjxjY5W.jpg

VRIrGyH.jpg

Jd8BHtb.jpg

• Like 1

Cars looking mint 😎 .The red stripe on the rear bumper and sides is it a trim or just painted?

It's painted mate, on the Nismo its actually a vinyl sticker under the clear coat. the one for the skirts is around £100 alone. Decided to go with paint as i'd spent enough :p