Supercharging"!

gumpy000

OK, tempted but dout i can afford it but a mate of mine who is not on here but has come into some money wants to supercharge his car.

what companies do it? who have you guys used?

whats the best but most cost effective one to have done>?

many thanks

Companies I know that can do it for definite are Abbey Motorsport & Horsham Developments, the latter being the garage who did my Zed. There are other companies available like Tdi North & more etc who will also be more than capable of doing an FI build.

Cost effective? Well I think you're talking about a package deal like some of the traders on here offer for the Vortech V3sci kits. Obviously secondhand would be even cheaper but then that's always a gamble with using secondhand parts imo.

I'll PM you some prices etc from when I had my Zed done. You can then print it off for your mate ~ I'm assuming he's after charging a Zed is he?! :lol:

:thumbs:

^^^ Echo the V3 comments, not that i have had any other experience but its the kit that is on the car i bought and for a plug and play package without upgrading injectors/fuel return etc i dont think you can go wrong for the money to get 400 ish hp :)

• Like 1

Most effective way to buy already supercharged one ;) my will be for sale in near future lol

More to the point what are yout buying next lol

haha you will see when I get it :)

Gtr :)

That does seem to be becoming the norm for a lot of people although quite were the money comes from to buy them I have no idea?! :scare::lol:

I certainly don't earn enough to buy one. :byebye::thumbdown:

• Like 2

Most effective way to buy already supercharged one ;) my will be for sale in near future lol

More to the point what are yout buying next lol

haha you will see when I get it :)

Gtr :)

That does seem to be becoming the norm for a lot of people although quite were the money comes from to buy them I have no idea?! :scare::lol:

I certainly don't earn enough to buy one. :byebye::thumbdown:

^^ that.

I always said that my next car would be R35, but I can't afford one + buying a house this year.

9924348873e9393c581e702b9d86c949.jpg

We did another one last week for a member in here :)

Engine swap, clutch, flywheel, supercharger and supporting mods: injectors, fuel return system, colder spark plugs, plenum spacer, new hoses, fuel pump etc

It can get expensive, if you have the chance to buy one already done properly it will be a really good price :)

Otherwise if your friend needs new, we are Vortech authorised dealers, have custom made packages or plain turn key /tuner kits available.

Edited by Adrian@TORQEN
  • Like 3

Nothing is cheap when going FI. Nor should it be, after all you want something reliable that wont go pop and cost lots more.

As already stated the cheapest way is to buy the car already SC, this is not the safest as you have no way of knowing the condition, just as buying a second hand SC kit.

The best option is to buy the kit first (Adrian has this at a good price) and any upgrades you desire you can include or purchase at a latter date (second hand rads, injectors are less of a risk). The tricky part is the fitting, which you can attempt yourself or use Adrian, Abbey, Horsham, Litchfield, Norris. This is the best but not the cheapest option.

As for ROI its pure pleasure as fitting an SC kit to the car will not add the value spent in parts and fitting.

My opinion is don't skimp, do it right the first time.

Edited by blobbish