Stackry Shipping From The US!

The G Man

Having imported quite a few bits from the US and having paid a sort of full price for shipping, I've now learned that opening an account with Stackry, saves a shed load of money.

Essentially, they provide an address to ship to in the US, as most vendors in the US offer free shipping from within the US, then, either they'll hold it until you have multiple parts to ship or ship individual parts with several options.

You decide the value of the items and the shipping is far cheaper. It is by far the cheapest way to ship from the US. They'll even provide a re-packaging service to get the dimensional charge down.

It cuts down on any middle man charge, such as importers from the UK and at the end of the day, is far cheaper than traders offering individual parts in the UK. Sort of like when a trader stacks orders in a container then ships to the UK but still has to make money on it.

Apparently, it may be the future :). It's an option to look at if purchasing larger items, exhausts, suspension kits, big brake kits etc. So before buying from a trader, check out this process, it might just save you a few quid, straight to your door ;)

Might come in very useful when organising group buys.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who's used this type of service.

Edited by The G Man
  • Like 2

I guess it all depends on what it saves you ? For me buying from a UK trader who imports goods from the U.S. It's about the come back when things go wrong or are damaged , yes they make a bit of money on the parts but we all know they don't do it for the love ! if it's damaged / faulty then you get your money back there and then and it's their issue to sort . Just my opinion though :)

Edited by Bodyboarder81
  • Like 1

The same service has been around for years, never used it although Bennet uses them all the time. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the company at this present time :drunk::(

True a UK company importing on your behalf is an advantage if you're not prepared to handle the "hassle" when things go wrong. Everyone is different. Some fancy an easy risk free approach and get a trader to import and others don't mind getting their hands dirty to save some bucks.

I've imported about 8 times now, from a small package up to a crated engine and gearbox. Saved a good £1,000 in doing it myself.

• Like 1

I used to get a fair few bits when the $ was 2 to the £ or thereabouts and shipping was also considerably cheaper in general. Nowadays i generally will only get stuff from the states if it cannot get it over here or it is an absolute steal. Never had any issues with anything i bought from the states though, it is actually pretty painless and in no reflection to the traders on here, you can get a better service. I ordered something from the states and same day ordered something from the UK that was in stock, the item from the states arrived before :surrender:

The guy I use will import almost anything within 7/8 days for you. The way he does it is really simple, you send him a link to the piece; say a wheel for $100. He buys it for you and you pay him £100 as a 1:1 exchange rate. He then ships it to his shop in Watford and you either collect it or he can ship it on to you for an extra fee. Really expensive purchases it might not be worth it, but for bits as and when you need them it can be really good.

The guy I use will import almost anything within 7/8 days for you. The way he does it is really simple, you send him a link to the piece; say a wheel for $100. He buys it for you and you pay him £100 as a 1:1 exchange rate. He then ships it to his shop in Watford and you either collect it or he can ship it on to you for an extra fee. Really expensive purchases it might not be worth it, but for bits as and when you need them it can be really good.

How much does he charge to get to the parts to the UK?

Does this guy have a company/ website?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the 1:1 rate covers parts, shipping and vat/taxes. Www.langysrodshop.co.uk he's mostly hot rod type stuff but he's said to me that he will bring anything in. Obviously massive stuff can't really be flown in easily so that's by boat which takes longer.

• Like 1

How is the sea shipping working out cost wise?

That's the route my engine took, 6 weeks, cost peanuts, £300 with all handling costs from the agent. Then £100 to be delivered from Harwich to Dorset.

54527C91-1D8D-4A1D-B89C-5E0DCABCF7D5_zpsldwnylb7.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, the 1:1 rate covers parts, shipping and vat/taxes. Www.langysrodshop.co.uk he's mostly hot rod type stuff but he's said to me that he will bring anything in. Obviously massive stuff can't really be flown in easily so that's by boat which takes longer.

Great, thanks mate.