What type coolant should I be using to top-up my coolant reservoir tank ?

kidofthe80s

Hello There

Was giving my Z and quick inspection this morning and notice the coolant in the reservoir tank was below the minimum mark.

Any advice on what type or brand of coolant should I be topping up my reservoir tank with ?

Read previous posts and it looks like folks use genuine Nissan coolant L248 Premix ? Is this OK for a 2005 Z ? What a typical cost of bottle of this coolant ?

For reference the coolant appears to be a mixture of green/blue in color.

Thanks for your help in advance. Kidofthe80s

• 4 months later...

not hijacking the topic as its sort of relevant , has anyone used the waterless coolant as a replacement ?, I know its a mare to do as you have to flush the old stuff out and then run a decontanament before you put in the coolant but then its for life .

not hijacking the topic as its sort of relevant , has anyone used the waterless coolant as a replacement ?, I know its a mare to do as you have to flush the old stuff out and then run a decontanament before you put in the coolant but then its for life .

I looked into it but dont see any benefit in fact there are many reports that its not as effective at cooling

When i had a look at this, i discovered that a lot of cars seem to run higher coolant temps, which i suppose backs up the claims that it has better temperature transference properties, but also seem to indicate that the cooling system needs a bit of a revamp to use it effectively, personally regardless of filling for life, it also gives you no chance to periodically check the state of the system by draining or topping up.