Does anyone know this Zed?

jowen7448

I was just wondering if anyone knows the Z listed below:

http://www.clearwatervehicles.co.uk/used/nissan/350-z/3-5-v6-gt-2dr/for-sale-in-cirencester-gloucestershire/aetv90820901/

The reg isn't shown in the pictures but I called up and it is VC57 SSC

I have to admit Richard from Clearwater was the most pleasant person working in car sales that I have ever phoned and the car looks and sounds decent. Going to view next week but wondered if anyone knew it before I go.

Looks nice enough, check the oil pressure is good when hot and the idle isnt erratic or too high ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. From this forum I am aware of the potential oil gallery gaskets and I am a little concerned about this and have made a note of the expected cold and warm idle pressures and pressure when cruising.

You mention checking for a high idle, what are the cold and warm idle speeds I should expect to see? Or were you still talking about the pressure here?

yes low oil pressure can cause the idle to stick higher and become erratic , although I have to say If I was to buy an HR I would budget to replace the gaskets anyhow

That's mildly terrifying since it is a rather pricey job by the looks of it.

I might add though thanks for the heads up.

Edited by jowen7448

The car is being supplied with a "comprehensive warranty", now I know in general warranties are worth about as much as toilet paper at this stage of a cars life but was wondering whether you reckon the oil gallery gaskets are something that would be covered, i.e doesn't fall under wear and tear item.

Yes, that is the general impression I get. I would never buy one myself only asked since it comes with the car. I think best bet is to go look at it. If there is any hint of low oil pressure let the dealer know, see if he is willing to get it done, if not walk away. If no symptoms I guess just take the car and budget to get it done as preventative maintenance in the near future.

If symptoms do show shortly after purchase I always have the option of calling them up and asking what they will do about it.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks very much, on the plus side having spoken to him the clutch has been done. Someone else is due to view tomorrow and I can't get down till Tuesday so will have to keep my fingers crossed. That and then wonder why they didn't take it if it's still there.

There's always "someone due to look at the car tomorrow". Oldest sales trick in the book :). Plenty Z's about if it goes, don't be rushed into anything. It does look like a nice clean car tho.

Ha, you aren't wrong there. Didn't make much difference to me that he said that, the car is 160 miles away I can't just nip over to see it anyway. If someone is there tomorrow or not makes no odds, can't go before Tuesday.

I won't rush, there are a few closer to home that I plan to go see tomorrow, although I really quite fancy the black.

• Like 1

Thanks veilside, keeping it clean is part of the fun. Gives me an excuse to get outside when I'm presented with other jobs to do from the boss as well.

And sounds good Luke, there is one much nearer to me up for 10 with less than 50k but don't kno if I could live with it being temper orange.

Thanks AMT from a look around the forum there don't seem to be huge amounts of common issues. Aware of the oil gallery gaskets and slave cylinder.

Clutch has apparently been changed, so assume although will check paper work that slave cylinder has been upgraded. will keep an eye on oil pressure on test drive.

I know about the skipping head unit and window motor issues although these are definitely not deal breakers just negotiating tools. Is there anything else in particular I should keep an eye out for?

The car is being supplied with a "comprehensive warranty", now I know in general warranties are worth about as much as toilet paper at this stage of a cars life but was wondering whether you reckon the oil gallery gaskets are something that would be covered, i.e doesn't fall under wear and tear item.

Got mine changed under a 3rd party warranty. Think I paid £300 for the warranty so worked out worthwhile.

The new gaskets are steel reinforced whereas the originals are just paper gaskets. In my eyes that's nissans admission that the originals are not up to scratch.

Got mine changed under a 3rd party warranty. Think I paid £300 for the warranty so worked out worthwhile.

The new gaskets are steel reinforced whereas the originals are just paper gaskets. In my eyes that's nissans admission that the originals are not up to scratch.

That's actually really handy information thank you. Gives me a little confidence. It's unlikely that I would buy a third party warranty myself still but it makes me think that if symptoms start to show in the period after buying the car (if I do of course) then it is worth trying to get it on the warranty.

Check for suspension knocks, I've had to replace all of my arms, bushes near enough at the front, a few are on used and still doing well despite a very minor noise on large bumps (touch wood) lol I don't get the CD skip (maybe jumped a couple of times on reeeeally cold weather but fine otherwise). Don't think theres any oil issues with the HR just check its there and in decent condition and check the history. You might get the slow 'jerk' from what apparently is the ECU cam sensor thingy or something... but I think its just your luck depending on the car, mines does it but it doesn't cause any issue.

Edited by AMT

Car looks great and seems a very good price for hr model. They look best in black but then thats my choice. I bought a 58 reg hr in black just over a year ago with 8'600 miles only on the clock but i did pay £13'500 for it .. Good luck with the search and i hope you get a chance to look at the one you posted details on. I look forward to seeing the results

AMT thanks for your input, I will keep an ear out at the corners for suspension noises.

MIGWEL wow that sounds like an almost brand new car. Sounds like a cracking deal, nice one. Will obviously be posting if I become an owner so you will all be kept up to date.

Is £9k pretty standard then?

I have a 2007 but it's a RevUp DE, bought with the same mileage as that less than a year ago, fully loaded GT including sat nav and paid £6300 - is it £2700, 42%, better than a DE? Or did I get a good deal?

I was thinking of changing my car in the next 12 months for an HR or a 370z depending on where 370 prices are at (I'll have about £13k including selling mine) but if I have to spend that much more just to get 13 more BHP it makes a strong case for me to go the extra and get a 370, a little more power still and (in my opinion) a much nicer car to sit in for 400 miles a week!

Is £9k pretty standard then?

I have a 2007 but it's a RevUp DE, bought with the same mileage as that less than a year ago, fully loaded GT including sat nav and paid £6300 - is it £2700, 42%, better than a DE? Or did I get a good deal?

I was thinking of changing my car in the next 12 months for an HR or a 370z depending on where 370 prices are at (I'll have about £13k including selling mine) but if I have to spend that much more just to get 13 more BHP it makes a strong case for me to go the extra and get a 370, a little more power still and (in my opinion) a much nicer car to sit in for 400 miles a week!

I don't know if this is standard or not, it is one of the cheaper HRs that is currently listed, but is also one of the higher milers. The higher mileage 370s seem to have come down in price a reasonable amount recently which I have to admit is starting to become more appealing.

400 miles a week sounds like quite a lot in a zed, your fuel bills must be horrendous. Although I would imagine it's also much more fun than doing 400 miles a week in a diesel repmobile.