New additions

mrt

Just acquired a 420 m.sport diesel for myself and a 220 m sport for the better half.

The convertible is mine.

Keeping the Zed and also my A 150 for commuting.

A quick pic of the 4.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bmw+420d+m+sport+vonvertible&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#imgdii=T-7uV-1frZngfM%3A%3Bgma2JLDKU7LWOM%3A%3Bgma2JLDKU7LWOM%3A&imgrc=gma2JLDKU7LWOM%3A

• Like 1

Thanks Gareth

Good to hear from you.

Bit wider...longer and lower than the three coupe. Pretty much the same as the M4 in looks

Turbo gives it 295 ft/ lbtorque so pretty rapid in sport mode +

Only downside is the metal folding roof which adds a fair bit of weight over the standard hardtop coupe.

Put some more detailed pictures up at the weekend as this one was found on Google from a BMW photo before I bought it.

• Like 1

I really like the M4 , thought about replacing the 370 with one . If I could only have one car the M4 would be strong contender, the 4 series is the best looking car in the range imo

You mean you don't like the 2 series active tourer?? I parked next to one the other day, it made the Leaf look sexy, and when that engine started....What a noise :lol:

bmw-2-series-sport-active-tourer-1.jpg

• Like 1

I really like the M4 , thought about replacing the 370 with one . If I could only have one car the M4 would be strong contender, the 4 series is the best looking car in the range imo

You mean you don't like the 2 series active tourer?? I parked next to one the other day, it made the Leaf look sexy, and when that engine started....What a noise :lol:

lol i think in recent years BMW have been seeing how ugly they can make cars before people stop buying them :)

Edited by Richf@H-Dev
  • Like 1

Thanks Gareth

Good to hear from you.

Bit wider...longer and lower than the three coupe. Pretty much the same as the M4 in looks

Turbo gives it 295 ft/ lbtorque so pretty rapid in sport mode +

Only downside is the metal folding roof which adds a fair bit of weight over the standard hardtop coupe.

Put some more detailed pictures up at the weekend as this one was found on Google from a BMW photo before I bought it.

Pulled upto a 430d xdrive and it made my 320d E92 look tiny. Also blew my 320d away once the lights turned green.

Is it running the N47 or B47 engine?

Edited by un1eash

Not sure which engine..s it,s running.would imagine the lesser of the two if you compare with the 430d.

Wife's car ( 220d M sport ) will be as rapid with less weight. Nice Chunky shape too.

I think the coupe is a bit bland looking...this folding hardtop version is more like it and especially on the 19 inch rims.

Anyone tell me whether my Ray's would fit on the 220 as they,re redundant at the moment and shod with brand new MPSS tyres.?

lol i think in recent years BMW have been seeing how ugly they can make cars before people stop buying them :)

Only recently? :lol:;)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

The only thing I don't like and I'm being picky is the bonnet shut line at the front. I preferred it when it met the kidney grills, oh well I assume it's a pedestrian safety led design.

The only thing I don't like and I'm being picky is the bonnet shut line at the front. I preferred it when it met the kidney grills, oh well I assume it's a pedestrian safety led design.

I agree with you on this one...and yes it is probably a safety design.Mind you, the edge of the bonnet could be lethal in a direct front end strike.

They still do a 6 cylinder but it's now called a 340i. A 330i is a 4 cylinder turbo. It's all to do with the new modular engines they build, the 318i is now a 3 cylinder 1.5l

Diesel hasn't changed yet, 330d and 335d still exist as 6 cylinder.

Edited by un1eash
  • Like 1

Anyone tell me whether my Ray's would fit on the 220 as they,re redundant at the moment and shod with brand new MPSS tyres.?

fraid not, Nissan wheels will be 5x114.3, bmw wheels are 5x120. and that's before considering offsets and centre bores. you would be able to get adaptors to make them fit, but even then I suspect the tyre sizes will be all wrong!

They still do a 6 cylinder but it's now called a 340i. A 330i is a 4 cylinder turbo. It's all to do with the new modular engines they build, the 318i is now a 3 cylinder 1.5l

Diesel hasn't changed yet, 330d and 335d still exist as 6 cylinder.

:scare: I've just realised with a thud that BMW no longer sell a naturally aspirated engine! the naturally asipirated straight six is dead :byebye:

Edited by brillomaster