pics wont upload through photobucket

LDUNKZ18

So uve I've been trying to get pics uploaded throughphotbucket. I can copy the url on pb then click the picture icon button on this toolbar.. enter the url.. press ok.. nothing happens. I press in the url again click enter and it posts the pic but now the small square wont go away i have to refresh the page meaning i loose the pic and any writing ive done. These pics are taken on my nikon d3300 so images are large but thats why im using pb as the attachment at the bottom of this box wont upload pics that large. Please help its doing my tits in.

I just do a direct copy from where it says share this photo, 2nd Box down, then paste it into the message. Add img in square brackets at the start and /img in square brackets at the end.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

I was having issues the other day too. Once you've uploaded the image to pb, there's an option at the bottom of the page to copy link for forums. If you copy that and paste it right into the forum comments box it should upload straight away.

I always copy and paste the bottom link "IMG" on the right handside and have no issue. It will paste the link into your thread and when posted will show the photo. Easy.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

Are you uploading the photo of your choice,then clicking on IMG until it's says copy and then going to your thread and pasting ?.It should then post the link,not the photo until you thread is posted.

Well what I found works is:

• copy the link marked 'Direct' from photo bucket
  • then when posting your reply/comment there is a short toolbar at the top with 'font' 'size' etc,
  • you're looking for the small square icon that looks like a picture of a tree on the bottom row near the middle/middle to right hand side,
  • (I believe its the old clip art symbol from word 98 or something lol!)
  • if you click it then a new small window opens asking you to enter the URL
  • paste the 'Direct link from photo bucket there and hit ok
  • the picture will appear before you post your comment :)

I hope that makes sense....it did in my head anyway :/

test below:

ccab47b6-60df-4376-94f7-56d135d52345_zps97ivo24r.jpg

Edited by MrG13

still not working!!!!! tried both ways and read the guide last night.. why isn't it working does anyone else get this problem?

You mention the guide, which step does it fail at?

Also, what are you using to do the post? Desktop, phone, tablet device and what browser you running Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari?

superstu if you see my post above your last one. I have attached a pic where it fails at.. I do the direct link on pb it copies then I click the icon button on this site and it comes up asking to paste the url... which u will see in the pic I attached. but when I click ok it doesn't do anything I need to refresh the page and then I loose the pic its doing my head in now.

There is no limit on individual pic sizes if you are using a picture hosting site.

The thumbnail option (and pic size limit) is simply to restrict the amount of bandwidth used on the forum.

As I mentioned in the pm, you sure you not got a private setting on your laptop or PB that is stopping things?

superstu if you see my post above your last one. I have attached a pic where it fails at.. I do the direct link on pb it copies then I click the icon button on this site and it comes up asking to paste the url... which u will see in the pic I attached. but when I click ok it doesn't do anything I need to refresh the page and then I loose the pic its doing my head in now.

I'd suggest sacking off the direct link and also the "icon" on the forum and simply use the IMG one instead. See below.

Pic_zps2v9ebsnf.png

Then just copy the entire text from that red outlined box on PhotoBucket and paste the text straight into the body of your post, no need to edit it or do anything else. It should copy the text automatically when you click in the box (unless you're using Safari, which can be tempremental).

not to sound like a ninny but how long are you waiting before you refresh the page and what is your home internets upload speed?

Maybe its just taking its time to upload as its a big file, to be honest though mine are over 2mb and they are pretty much instant....but could possibly be a cause, also make sure you using an up to date browser to see if that helps....

it posts the pic though! but then the square wont disappear!!!

and the ok button doesn't work the mouse doesn't seem to realise theres a button there It wont work with the cancel button either or the cross at the top right... I have to refresh it for it to go away.

Edited by LDUNKZ18

yeah it looks like your browser is old from your pic, I think the quick uploader uses flash so you could try updating that, (cant post a link so just google flash update and use the flash site)

but I wouldn't say thats your problem as you get the pop up box so its strange....

I would say either check to see if flash is up to date and update your browser,

or

download and start using chrome

if you need help doing either let us know and we can post a guide :)

but yeah don't throw the laptop as that will mean more funds out on silly things and less on premium fuel for your beast haha!