Exhaust comparison table?

EvansJD2112

Will be replacing stock next month with a budget of £1k-ish

I've been trying to find a simple comparison table that compares exhausts; weight, decibels, price etc ; anybody seen such a thing?

I'm after LOUD, legal, blue/burnt tips, seperate back boxes and a deep burble/roar.

I do very low miles as I work from home most days so drone etc is not an issue.

Down to Injen SES or ARK Grip at the moment

I was looking for one & i have had a custom exhaust from KMS Motorsport, I did a 4 hour journey for them to do mine & was well worth it! mine is very loud & sounds awesome! pops & bangs & shoots so nice now & again flames :) I went for a full 3" non res with decats & slash tips & is a T305 stainless steel

also look at my build thread, it is on there page.3

http://www.350z-uk.c...g5/page__st__40

also a member on here had one done on his 370z Nismo

Edited by Kieran_ctr

I appreciate the need to know weight and decibels etc but in reality the only way you'll ever find out the key data about an exhauat is go and listen to some as themost important thing to most is how it sounds. I didn't do this with my Milltek and was slightly disappointed, I did with my Ark and knew it was the exhaust I really wanted although it was a close run thing between it and the Invidia.

Edited by glrnet
  • Like 1

All exhausts are legal, unless you find a paticularly stringent mot tester who thinks its too loud, but you will need cats to be there to pass an mot. I have not seen a comparison table but a lot of manufacturers list weights and db's.

If you want loud, I would go single exit or armytrix.

I went for cybox short tails of their ebay store. I still cant believe the massive improvement in noise they give for the £180 price. Loud enough just with these but if you want to go louder you can add decats/HFC's and still be on par/cheaper than what a normal catback costs. Only downside is that it's literally just the backbox delete, so you don't get any shiny new centre pipes or anything. Doesn't bother me as I'm looking at getting a custom centre section made to possibly give more ground clearance :)