Could this be the first Mazda I've ever wanted

GC350z

looks like the love child from the batmobile and an exige B)

+1 :lol:

The three rotor (20b) is a fearsome engine but the fuel it swills would rival a Lear Jet at take off!

I am a rotary fan but I must say I also love the torque and fuel mileage of the Z. It is a perfect blend!

THat is horrible and sounds awful too

If you heard a 3-rotor at full boil in person you wouldn't say that. My 2-rotor RX-8 doesn't sound tough at all at idle but starting at 7,000 rpm's all the way to redline is pure ear candy....at least to me :D

Its not a sound i like to be honest, i have heard a few tuned RX-7s/8s and they do nothing for me, i like hearing a deep refined roar.

video here

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/fea ... furai.html

coughs and splurts a bit but when it gets going :scare:

That's how every rotary runs. Mine spits and sputters at idle. Kinda cool. If you rip off the cat and run a aftermarket exhaust like Borla or Mazdaspeed it will shoot out blue/orange flames when you downshift. There are lots of guys in the RX-8 club running this set up and they are constantly getting flagged down at redlights by dunce motorists all wide eyed because they think the car is going to explode. :lol: