Anybody knows this S14a or in general S14a?

Vlad

Planning to buy my own place quite soon and i always said that I won't sell Zed... but in 2 minds now and only way i would sell Zed if i get another decent toy to replace it.

And came across this, which would be ideal...love S chassis cars, this one looks clean and after chatting to the owner over FB - looks like its very clean for its age and solid underneath etc. So would be perfect scenario: Sell zed, buy this and have few grand spare to go towards house.

Anybody knows this car? Or any general info about S14a? Or may be someone registered on their forum and can post for me asking about the car? As i have zero knowledge about them.

Description

Hi I'm selling my Nissan 200sx, this car is in very good condition, has not been used as a drift car, has some service history, mot till May but I can put a fresh mot on, just had a full service engine oil and filter, diff and gearbox oil change, new pas belt, new spark plugs, anti freeze changed

Engine has no vvt rattle, power 405bhp with print out

Uk car, mileage 108k

Engine spec:

740 injectors

Z32 maf

Nistune ecu

Tomie pon cam's

Tomie rocker stoppers

Blitz air filter

Turbo smart boost control

Full exhaust system

Braided oil & water pipes

Sard fuel pressure reg

Cast top mount exhaust manifold

Tail 38mm wastgate

Front mount intercooler

Copper radiator

Turbonetics turbo 3071 size

Uprated fuel pump

Transmission:

Competition clutch stage 4, 6 puk paddle

Brakes:

Front - brembo 4 pots with bigger disc's

Rear - r33 brake set up

Braided brake pipes

Abs delete kit

Other bits

Tein coilovers

Full Bdc spec rollcage

Jdm bucket seat

Jdm gear knob

Apexi boost gauge

Rota gtr-d wheels 18"

D1 rear bumper

D1 side skirts

Clear front indicators

S15 passages seat

3 point harness's

Battery relocated in boot

There is probably stuff I've missed, good condition underneath for any more info please inbox me

9D827875-6014-4062-8EB6-4BC29396E2ED_zpsrk5bmzdg.jpg

D88075B1-1D5D-4643-BF01-6397E4286857_zpsx1movlai.jpg

E4E4BE47-1DEF-48F1-BC27-23F062BD9A0E_zpssqchby9j.jpg

EA18A024-3DEF-4E16-BFAB-E31574BA8EA3_zpsts7jkauc.jpg

1B5D9231-8FC6-485E-AC6C-4B9508FF7FF6_zpses6pfq0v.jpg

D92B893E-50D3-486F-B4DF-7E8BDA97AA59_zpsgnvvw9yg.jpg

094D3D1C-290B-4AD4-897F-205FB8B38C29_zpsq5quf688.jpg

Not bothered about cosmetics (wheels, seats, cage etc), just don't want to get rid off perfectly running, with no faults, Zed and get something that will break as soon as i get home (suppose, that can happen to anyone with any car).

Any help/advise on these cars will be appreciated.

A car that heavily modified is never going to be cheap easy ride

Well i understand that. that's why im asking if somebody know it to see if its been looked after as much as he says.

Mileage is 108k, but if its been looked after - that not gonna put me off.

I can say my Zed is quite modified - but its been looked after very well and it works perfectly, without any issues any and every time.

• Like 1

Also ex sxoc staff :)

Looks properly modded to me, S14a's are gettibg harder to find a non rusty one, though they do exist if looked after.

Ask for photos of sills, rear arches and strut tops for tell tale signs of rot

Cheers mate, will ask for that!

What about them engines and upgrades listed? Are they good? As I literally have no idea lol

Want it to be as good as possible, so at later date I don't feel like I've done a massive mistake by selling Zed lol

Also ex sxoc staff :)

Looks properly modded to me, S14a's are gettibg harder to find a non rusty one, though they do exist if looked after.

Ask for photos of sills, rear arches and strut tops for tell tale signs of rot

Cheers mate, will ask for that!

What about them engines and upgrades listed? Are they good? As I literally have no idea lol

Want it to be as good as possible, so at later date I don't feel like I've done a massive mistake by selling Zed lol

He is MOTing it tomorrow, so will get pics of underneath and the rest mentioned "hot spots" lol

Anybody wants my Zed? :lol:

Spec of the engine looks fine, its not cheap ebay parts, but that power is at the limit for stock internals imo

Its a 200sx so it WILL break. Its wjat they do lol

Oh lol what usually goes on them then?

And may be you know how much is to re-build/forge one of them engines?

Hey cossack, I've been an admirer of the S bodies styling but not enough to own one. This car looks like a good one but I think you will be mad to swap your zed for it! The man maths you are preempting will not work. Just do extra time to raise the cash you need.

• Like 1

Hey cossack, I've been an admirer of the S bodies styling but not enough to own one. This car looks like a good one but I think you will be mad to swap your zed for it! The man maths you are preempting will not work. Just do extra time to raise the cash you need.

Hey man. Long time...:)

I know what you mean, but that man math will work. I do loads of overtime as it is, so I physically can't do any more lol

Decisions decisions decisions! :(

Rebuild/reforge is one of those questions where the answer is 'how long is a piece of string?' depends how far you went, what brands etc etc

200's arent unreliable, my WILL break comment was more tongue in cheek :)

Haha thought it might be the case.

Will have to have a very good think. It's Shane that it's 3hrs away for me as I could've gone today to have a look it and that could've been deciding point, as it could be a shed close up...even tho he said it's very clean.

Seeing the prices of s bodies recently and obviously its just personal opinion, i dont think they are worth it, whats this up for?

+ Its old, respectively speaking, its tuned to the limit, i honestly dont think Ben is too far removed with his comment, it will break at some point, whether its a minor or major cost is another matter.

Stick to breathing mods/map on any car this age and its a safer bet and will probably more desirable when you come to flog it :)

Vlad I know nothing about the S14's so can't comment on there worthyness etc, ...but I was in a similar situation to you last year and as you know I sold my Zed in order to increase my "free cash" available to me whilst I bought our house/moved/furnished it etc.

It's a difficult decision getting rid of a car you've spent so much time, money & love on so only you can make the decision whether it's right or wrong to get rid of it but imo if you're doing it for the reasons I think you are then you need really to get a downgrade car for a year or two. Not a 400bhp+ modified car that in your own words you know little about so could go wrong so fast & end up costing you big money to repair.

It doesn't have to be a 1.2 litre sh*t box downgrade car though Vlad as there are plenty of quick cars (hot hatches/saloons/coupes etc) out there which would still put a smile on your face during a spirited drive and be reliable enough not to cost you much cash whilst you moved house & saved for a better car.

Just my 2 pence mate. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Seeing the prices of s bodies recently and obviously its just personal opinion, i dont think they are worth it, whats this up for?

+ Its old, respectively speaking, its tuned to the limit, i honestly dont think Ben is too far removed with his comment, it will break at some point, whether its a minor or major cost is another matter.

Stick to breathing mods/map on any car this age and its a safer bet and will probably more desirable when you come to flog it :)

Yea that's only thing that slightly puts me off - the age. As its 20 years old now and has 40k extra miles than zed. But then - if it's been looked after, it should be ok.

My mate who owns one - loves his and his is quite modified as well. Just advised to do a compression test on the engine and take it for a drive with someone following to see if any smoke comes out while it's on full boost.

That's definitely 2 good tips there to check for.

Guys seems more than happy to take pics for me.

Already asked him for pics of seals etc and he already sent me pict of top mounts and arches and will send more pics of seals and whole underneath tomorrow.

Vlad I know nothing about the S14's so can't comment on there worthyness etc, ...but I was in a similar situation to you last year and as you know I sold my Zed in order to increase my "free cash" available to me whilst I bought our house/moved/furnished it etc.

It's a difficult decision getting rid of a car you've spent so much time, money & love on so only you can make the decision whether it's right or wrong to get rid of it but imo if you're doing it for the reasons I think you are then you need really to get a downgrade car for a year or two. Not a 400bhp+ modified car that in your own words you know little about so could go wrong so fast & end up costing you big money to repair.

It doesn't have to be a 1.2 litre sh*t box downgrade car though Vlad as there are plenty of quick cars (hot hatches/saloons/coupes etc) out there which would still put a smile on your face during a spirited drive and be reliable enough not to cost you much cash whilst you moved house & saved for a better car.

Just my 2 pence mate. :thumbs:

Yea, I see exactly what you mean, mate.

Reason I like that S14 - next year I wanted to fully strip Zed and make it into drift car...but then didn't really want to do it at same time as its pretty much immaculate. So thought it would be ideal for a drift car at some point :)

As I want a little luxury car next year as well (depending on finances)...something like an Audi.

So that would be perfect...

Sell Zed

Buy S14

Spare cash towards deposit for the house

A new daily next year.

But then I just got back home (Mrs was driving) and we pulled up on the drive and I saw my Zed and it just put such a big smile on my face lol

I want to be 17 again! :lol:

Edited by Vlad

I want to be 17 again! :lol:

Don't know if I'd want to be 17 again, maybe 20 something again but just as long as I knew everything I know now and still earned the same. :teeth::lol:

As far as the cars go I guess I see what you're trying to do as I agree with you that it would be such a shame to strip your Zed down to turn it into a drift car. It's far too nice to do that imo.

Trust me though when I say you will sorely miss your supercharged Zed if you sell it, ...I know I do mine. :byebye:;)

I'd just say be really careful of hidden rot. They do rot. There are clean ones out there but a lot of them that look clean aren't.

I bought one once that was supposedly rock solid, undersealed, no expense spared by a genuine owner etc... :rant:

Get under it with a hammer if you're still going for it.

I would be wary of selling a known good car, to buy a modified unknown car, it could very quickly eat up the money you get. If it is a properly modified car it could be great, it is normally cheaper to buy an already modified car than do it yourself, however a poorly modified car just means you fix all the mistakes.

Have you driven one? It is different from a 350z, definitely feels "old". You will also generally have more general age related issues.

Check for rust! I checked a few over for a mate and they were rotten! I would also be wary of a car that looks very fresh, and what is hiding under body kits. A quick blow over can hide a myriad of sins.

I also dont think s14s represent good value for money any more, they were a few years ago, but now you are paying a scene tax.

However nobody is doing this for sensible reasons, we all do what puts a grin on our face.