Car having problems starting!!! Help!!!

Ollydykins

Car is having problems starting, when I do get it started, the battery reads a comfortable 14v ?!? Changed spark plugs Sunday just past, so I know that's not the problem, and when I do eventually start the engine, my hazards flash?!? Literally only JUST started this morning and I'm not a big car guy...

Cold weather might have something to do with it? But even my old crappy Clio never did it 🤔

Thanks !

Olly

once started, the voltage will read 14v as that's what the alternator operates at. how old is the battery? 95% of starting problems are normally down to a duff battery killed off by cold weather.

This. My bet would be the battery they cause all sorts of strange electrical problems when duff. As Brillo said even a knackered battery will read 14v once it's running on the alternator.

Right okie dokie, as far as I know, the battery hasn't been changed in 4 years at least, and the car is a 2003, so I'll start with that and keep you posted, anybody know where is a reasonable price and reliable?

I'm sure Euro Car Parts can supply the right battery, just plug in your reg on their website and it should give you a few options :)

May be a bit late.

I have bought 2 batteries in the last couple of months, one for the daily drive and one for the track car from,

www.advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk

Good service, with free next day delivery.

Hey guys, just an update, replaced the battery, starts sweet as a but👌 with no hazards flashing either, but as per usual, as you fix one problem, 2 more occur 😤

Here's a picture of the battery now I've attached, to help anybody else out.

Thanks again everybody 🙌🙌

a8079366cb34f5af6e3b3c2324df10a7.jpg